Saturday, September 19, 2009

Katrina

This is the last stage of my New Mexico vacation. I went camping with Katrina, a great friend from high school, and some of her family and friends. I really haven't seen her very much (a couple of hours since my junior year of high school) so it was great to be able to catch up.

Some note worthy stuff that happened I didn't catch on film: we had a huge fire pit, Katrina's food was amazing, it was freezing cold at night, alex wants a monster truck, we almost were trampled by some cows, and alex said is first cuss word.


This is Katrina.

That's the cowboy who drove the cows through our camp.


That is the monster truck alex wants...it took me most of the conversation to realize that he actually has no idea what a real monster truck is he just wants a truck with monsters in it (good ones) like Katrina's.

I thought this was a great action shot, notice the splash.


This little stream was about 5 steps from our fire pit and the kids had a great dirty time throwing the rocks in.






This is Katrina and Adrian (the one who taught alex to cuss). Not intentionally. When those crazy cowboys were driving the cows through our camp I really thought I was going to die. Adrian jumped up with the rest of us and yelled "HOLY @*!#". In all the commotion I didn't really even notice but after it was over and the last of the cows and the cowboys were going through alex's says "holy @*!#, did you see those cows?" At the time I ignored it so hopefully it wouldn't bring attention to the word while at the same time thinking of the conversations we were going to have if he started saying it a lot. Later though, while the kids were asleep, we had a laugh. He never said it again, thank goodness, how do kids pick up those things?

This is Kelsey.



4 comments:

Mark and Teandra said...

GAH! :-D I LOVE YOUR CAMPING ADVENTURES!! it looks like you guys had lots of fun (and I am REALLY glad that none of you got trampled by the crazy cows). Two things: what is the story behind the ponytails on the tops of the heads (and where is a picture of yours ;o), and have you noticed that whenever chio gets dirty it always concentrates on her face? What am I saying, of course YOUVE noticed it! Is it her pale skin maybe, or does she just have messy face skills? Either way, SO CUTE! I am glad you had so much fun! *MUAH!* LOVE YOU GUYS!

Anonymous said...

I think it's funny how aunt donna said that chio never gets messy when she eats. Which is pretty true.

BUT when she goes camping.... maybe it's the New Mexico Dirt????

I love the photos and the stories. Please write more.

MOM

homealonemom said...

sorry, it had Nani's name, and LAST time I wrote in someones spot, I got in trouble. :o)

Keary said...

I think it a clever idea not to mention a bad word the first time it happens, I never had that much sense!
Loved the pictures.

Love Ya'll