Thursday, February 28, 2013

Alex made dinner

Today Alex made dinner all by himself. He's been talking and planning it all week. And after a huge success he announced that he was going to make dinner every night because everyone likes HIS food a lot and sometimes other dinners we have aren't so good. (I wonder if he was hinting at anyone at the table lol).

He's learning to follow a recipe too so he was the one that got all the stuff out and was extremely disappointed that "soda" turned out to be baking soda. "Next time we should try it with real soda since that's what the recipe says mom" he says. If this continues I'm foreseeing a lot of complications in my recipe interpretation because I'm a horrid speller and just have general directions. I did not foresee this problem when I wrote them.

It was awesome! He's getting so big I can't believe it sometimes.

Chio had kitchen this week and she was not that impressed with Alex's efforts so maybe I need to plan that a little better; there was quite a mess and I ended up doing it for her poor girl.

















1 comment:

homealonemom said...

Those look like most delicious pancakes! I'm glad they turned out so well.

What a talent for cooking.

He'll do great in math if he can understand the fractions in cooking.