For fathers day we got Alex camping equipment and good camping food and then packed everything so that he wouldn't have to do anything and could just enjoy a trip. Then, when we talked the day before I was planning to go (Thursday), he said that he didn't want to go this weekend (we had been talking about it tentatively) so I started to unpack all of the stuff. The reason that he decided that he didn't want to go was because there was a 70% chance of it raining the entire time....not that much fun. When he found out what we had been doing I think that he felt bad that we had done all of the work for nothing so he said that we would go and try it and then if it didn't work out we could just come home. So we packed everything (he being the gentleman that he is insisted on helping this time) and we started off. We got to the campsite around 11 and started the fire so the we could have lunch. All of these pictures were taking in the first 30 minuets that we go to the camp and do not do anywhere close to justice with regard to how dirty alex got. The ash pile in the background was his favorite place to play and he was covered in it. I ended up taking all his clothes off and giving him a "shower" with the water spout in case we were going to stay the night-it was warm and he liked it. Because of the weather prediction there was no one else there all day and the weather was overcast but not wet-the most perfect it could be. We also went on a walk and found a worm, a new experience for us; we looked at it picked it up and then he put it in his mouth and ate half of it, i thought I was going to get sick....but I didn't.



Helping clean out the fire pit.Daddy had to go out into the woods to find wood (harder than it sounds because it has been so wet here lately) and while he was gone we thought that he had died. All of a sudden we hear this big crash and I call out and get no answer. I start over in the direction of the crash, again still calling out, and finally we hear a "I'm alright". When he comes back he has a big bump on his head and his arm is all scratched up and he is talking about how lucky his is-"a lot worse could happen when you pull a tree down on yourself". He's okay, and he built the best fire I have ever seen...perfect.


At the end of the day after dinner we decided (probably mostly me) the the clouds looked too stormy and we didn't want to chance it so we started to pack everything up. After a while I looked over and alex wasn't playing with the rocks anymore, his second favorite thing to do. So I went over and found that he had pulled all of the pillows and bedding that were blocking him from his car seat out of the car, climbed in, and was trying to get his seat buckled. I'm not sure if he didn't like camping or if he was just ready to go home. When we got home it took me about 30 minuets to scrub all of his clothes clean (he had gone through 4 outfits in the time that we had been there) and alex sat in the tub for at least as long and he still has dirt I can't get off of him, sorry I didn't think to take pictures.
We love you dad, thanks for going camping with us. We can't wait until we do it again so we can try out the tent.
3 comments:
fun trip! happy dad's day Alex!
I am amazed at how big alex is now days. Sounds as if you all had a great time.Sorry the weather wasn't better. I am proud of Alex for all he does for you all.
Love Dad
Yeah!!! Camping!!! It looks like a beautiful place with lots of trees.
Chantel and I were discussing how convenient it is that they made it FLAT for you to put your tents. At girls camp, on the mountains, you had to put your head uphill, and in the morning you had slid to the foot side of the tent. Not me though, I had a slightly tilted site. I also don't think that oxygen depravation was a problem. We were about 9,000 feet.
Post a Comment