We used to walk across this field to get to a park in a near by neighborhood, now it's out of the question; you sink every time that you take a step, and it's so saturated that by just walking slowly you uproot the grass and slip in the mud... we tried it exactly one time and it has only gotten worse since then.


You can kind of see the river but I took a video of this guy driving in it so you can see how deep it is. Again, today we didn't get much about 10 minuets total and I took there right after it started so that I wouldn't forget, it has been raining so much lately that this is what happens when it starts, but when we get a lot of rain it is worse. I watched a man going to get his mail when it had rained a lot and just the watter running through our parking lot knocked him over...we only splash in puddles when they are actually puddles...How on earth can you stand to live in Washington?
2 comments:
I remember going out during the rainy season as a missionary to push stranded cars out of lower areas. We got a lot more discussions from this than tracting ever got us.
The rain in Washington comes a lot more often than most anywhere in the states but there is never any kind of gully washer that comes around in Texas! I remember that kind of rain noise from my missionary days. I can almost always go out in my wheelchair wit an umbrella to go most anywhere here in Vancouver.
rain, rain, go away come back another day! Or just move to CA! LOL.
Post a Comment