Saturday, August 02, 2008

One For The Grandmas...

...because everyone else will be bored by the end of this post, but you can't neglect Grandma.


This is officially Chio's first pony tail so of course I had to get the camera out for that.


And here's a picture from the back with the curls. The only downer is that the pony tail accentuates the bald spots she gets from throwing fits and pushing herself around with only her head and her feet on the floor-I guess I can hope her vanity will put an end to that eventually.


alex keeping bobby away from Chio.


And the kids think it's awesome (alex's new favorite word) to play on the ladder. Tonight I'm hoping to finish priming and then I'll stay up one night this week to paint the whole thing before everyone gets here on Thursday; then hopefully my living room will no longer be a hazard area for children (however, Chio is surprisingly skilled at climbing the ladder). I'm posting this while I sew on all these stinking buttons. I think from now on I'm just going to reinforce all buttons right when I buy clothing so I can forgo the whole find the stinking things in the washer or at church (or I should say look forever and then buy new ones); it seems like all I do Saturday nights is sew on buttons.

Next painting project...sometime next year.


And the videos....

You get a good look a Chio's pony tail in this one.


This one is a pretty good one of Chio walking.
Official Walking Date: July 25. 2 days after she turned 10 months old she stood up and walked all the way across the gym floor. Alex was at work and I was on stage "practicing" for a talent show so no one was there to even clap for her. poor thing. AND instead of us being the doting parents for her walking debut, she's being met with more of an it's-about-time-you've-been-standing-for-months attitude. We'll leave the doting to the grandparents and aunts who'll be here shortly.

And two ladder videos.



Note: While I was posting this my sister, Iwalani, called....She's getting married. he he he, I hope I told you first! you can call her for details :)

6 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

I'm LOVIN' the ponytail. She and Pretty can be twins now.

Keary said...

Grandpas just can't see the pony for all the curls. She is doing a great job getting around.
Love y'all

Ciria said...

One for the cousins too! My girls loved the videos- chio is walking so well!

The A Team said...

she's so cute with her little ponytail. we're in the midst of priming/painting too. it's crazy but i LOVE the end results.

Anonymous said...

you have the cutest kids ever!! goodluck painting...it's my least fav thing to do!! love to see the before and after:)

hugs

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

kiki, I am so glad that you finally read the host. I have to call you now so we can talk about it. I am sorry that I haven't read your posts for a while. Sounds like you guys are having fun. I like her pony.