Saturday, January 31, 2009

New Years 2008






I wasn't supposed to be home for New Years Eve because I was going to a dance (that I decorated for ALL DAY - I never want to see another balloon drop as long as I live). I came home from decorating just in time to throw on some new clothes and make it to the church to pick up the youth. When I got there some of the kids that were going decided that they were going to stay home instead (it took us awhile to get a hold of everybody to make sure they weren't really coming). After all was said and done everyone at the church would fit if I didn't drive down so I went home to celebrate with my family. At 7 pm. They're little. Clinking the glasses was the best part I think.

I still went to the dance because I needed to take people home and it ended up that my stupid balloon drop didn't work. I think that the kids had more fun getting the balloons out than if the balloons would have fallen as they were intended to though.

4 comments:

Mark and Teandra said...

That is the BIGGEST smile on Alex's face I have ever seen!! :-D That is so wonderful that you got to stay home and celebrate! (especially so early :o) *MUAH!* LOVE YA!

Diana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana said...

Best people to party with!! The kids look so happy and excited!!

Anonymous said...

way to magnify your calling with the balloon drop! what a fun idea!

love the toasting on new years eve!