Sunday, July 12, 2009

Camping in OK

These are way out dated. We went camping to go and check out the area we were going to be going to girls camp in and we brought logo (There is another story way over due but Alex said he wanted to do a "guest post" about why we gave logo back-if he takes too much longer I'm going to write it myself...hint to husband). But the crazy story of this trip isn't captured in the pictures. It's hot here. So, our tent is all screens so hopefully we can keep a little cool while camping, or at least not create an oven and it has a cover you can put over it if you want, but we left it off because it was so hot. Sometime in the middle of the night I felt some mist and woke up frantically to tell Alex we needed to get the cover on.

"No," he says, "it'll stop in a minute and it's not raining that hard."

20 minutes later it's pouring; I'm talking buckets. So we get up to put the cover on but Alex has put the tent bag along with the cover in it in the car so it "wouldn't get lost". Then he can't remember where he put the keys. So he is out in the rain (but really it was as bad outside the tent as inside) looking for the keys and I'm inside with the kids and the dog. Logo was just annoyed and rolled her eyes at me when I told her she had to get under the covers with us, alex thought it was a great game having to hide, and Chio screamed bloody murder every time I moved to try to reposition our stuff so it wasn't floating in the puddles.

We finally found the keys (they were actually under the blanket will all of us), put the cover on, bailed the water out of the tent and went back to bed on our wet bedding. Luckily it's still crazy hot here in the middle of the night and we can sleep in wet stuff; if this would have happened camping in NM we probably would have died.

Alex and I didn't talk about it while it was happening but about an hour after all this excitement the storm was so bad we were both thinking things like "At least we're all together if we die" and "I wonder what it's like to get sucked up in a tornado."

We were planning on staying two nights but after this excitement we went home the next day.

These pictures are pretty self explained and there is a video at the end.

















This is the sulfur water that people go to drink for it's healing purposes. I wish you could smell it but if you've ever been around a ton of sulfur you get the idea. Also notice all the stuff growing in the water.

2 comments:

Keary said...

Looks like ypu had fun 'till you went to bed.

Love ya'll

homealonemom said...

I think it looks like lots and lots of fun in Texas. Lots of water.