Wednesday, December 15, 2010

O Christmas Tree

Alex likes to have real Christmas trees. So each year we would go to lowes or home depot or those tent tree things (usually all of those places multiply times just to make sure) to find a tree. It was never really enjoyable and I would always wish we just had a fake tree. Then he found this tree farm close to where we live and it's now one of my favorite traditions. Hope fully it will still be fun when they get older, they have a maze (which we lost chio in...), a petting zoo and a hay ride out to where we cut the tree.

Fun Stuff. We went on a cold day, but today it's going to be 70!
It just doesn't feel like Christmas.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great tree. Merry Christmas. I miss you guys.

homealonemom said...

I remember going with our family, and Grandma Pauline's family.

Finding the "perfect" tree, eating chili, drinking hot cocoa, and singing songs as we sat in the back of the pickup for the last little bit of ride into the forest.

THEN, coming home to find that what we thought was a "little" tree, took up half the living room, and had to be cut before it could stand up.

It's weird how with the HUGE trees around, it makes ours look so small.

I love Christmas, and being with family always makes it more special. or specialer. what a great word. I'll have to tell dad.