Okay, here is the picture of the onion hats. As you may or may not know we were snowed in last week and pretty much everything closed down, including the doctors office. So on Friday when Chio's ears got bad and she had a definite ear infection I started looking online for home remedies because I really didn't want to go to a crowded er if we didn't have to, especially just for antibiotics. So we did the cut an onion in half, bake it in the oven to warm it, put them on the ears like ear muffs, wrap them up and leave them until they cool. I guess I really wasn't expecting it to work because when it did I was flabbergasted. All the fluid drained from her ears and she looked amazingly better, immediately. On Monday I still took her to the doctors even though she seemed like she was going to be 100% because I was worried I had masked symptoms, hadn't looked at her ears right, or something; but no, the doctor said it looked like it was going to heal on it's own and to keep doing the onions for a couple more days. Now I just wish I would have tired this sooner because Chio has had 5 doses of antibiotics this winter and I always feel guilty about giving them to her. However, one problem with this is when we first started I thought great now we're all going to smell like onions all the time; unfortunately, the onion smell has gone away. At least it seems like it has to us so I'm sure we're all going out and people are thinking why do they smell like onions and we don't even know.
note: also shown in this picture are chio's make up techniques. If you have any questions please feel free to call her for the latest products and tips for this season!

2 comments:
Oh. My. Goodness. :-D I love this picture! And, I can't believe that it worked either, who in the world came up with a remedy like THAT in the FIRST place?! :-D (I hope you don't smell too bad, but then again your all snowed in, MUAHAHAHA!, oh, I mean, poor the teek!) *MUAH!*
I think I'm going to have to try your new technique. How long did they bake in the oven? 10 min at 350 or something????
I love you. Enjoy the snow while it lasts.
MOM
Post a Comment