Monday, August 22, 2011

alex's first day of school

alex was so excited to start school. I'm so grateful that he was because if he didn't want to go I don't think I could have handled it. Last night when we were going to bed he said, "I think I'll just stay up all night to be sure I don't miss it." Fortunately, he fell asleep before I had even finished chio's bedtime routine-he's such a good sleeper. He is getting so good at reading and math it seems like he is growing up over night.
Chio, of course, had to have her picture taken, too. We thought that she was going to sleep in so I was just going to take alex by myself. Then Chio woke up about 5 minuets before we were going to leave and she wanted to go, too. We told her that if she got dressed in time she could come (she usually takes forever to get dressed so we really didn't think she would be ready in time) she was dressed and ready to go in 30 seconds. I hate it when plans backfire, Alex had to rush to get ready so he could come too.
He would have went all by himself.

Almost there.
They had a red carpet rolled out for teh kids. I didn't get a picture coming in because there were too many people and I didn't want to hold up traffic.

alex and his friend Jackson.
A picture alex took of dad.
In line to go to class, that is alex's teacher right behind him.

3 comments:

homealonemom said...

alex looks SOOO grown up. How fun, the first day of REAL school.

Let me guess, you asked Chio to smile.

I love you guys! Have LOTS of fun today.

Gramom

Ciria said...

WOW! he is so cute! He is getting so old. How did Chio enjoy the day with her brother gone?

Anonymous said...

Kindergarten!! Already! Wow! Have a great year Alex!!