Sunday, November 06, 2011

Grandma Karen's Visit

It's no secret I hate being pregnant, but this one I actually had reason. Around July I was 50% effaced and contracting but not dilated; so they put me one bed rest for 2 weeks to see if I was progressing. I wasn't so then I was on modified bed rest which meant that whenever I had contractions I had to go lie down...which was a lot of the time. Did I mention I have two other children and the contractions kept getting worse? And a husband in school and working crazy hours? It was not fun. And I was definitely not fun. I asked my mom if she could come before the baby was born and she agreed to come to take care of me and my family because I couldn't. I'm so grateful she selflessly gave up six weeks of her extreamly busy life to help me. I don't know what we would have done without her! I can't even write about it without crying, I'm sorry I was so awful while you were here and that we live so far away! I love you so much mom, you are truly a great example in my life. It turned out to be a very good thing she came because I kept thinking that when I hit 37 weeks I would be able to be up and about again but when i got to 37 week my blood pressure shot up and I was back on strict bed rest...not fun and very scary.

Anyway, my kids adore my mother and here are some pictures of what they did while she was here.







1 comment:

Mark and Teandra said...

Mmmmmm! Those are some pretty awesome looking mummy dogs! Im glad you guys have such a fun filled halloween! *muah!*