Thursday, January 26, 2006

I don't understand why some things are good for babies...

Although my son is only three months old, he has already felt the affects of having a drink that is too strong for him. For New Years this year we went to my aunts house to celebrate. Following tradition, at midnight we poured Martinalli's to toast in the New Year. My brilliant husband thought that alex was getting left out so despite my yelling, threatening, hitting...All around unladylike behavior trying to get my son back Alex succeed in getting the baby into the bathroom with his drink and locking the door. Five seconds later we hear crying, ten seconds after that my husband produces a coughing baby with watering eyes that are completely red from his nose to his eyebrows and a runny nose. I fail to understand why this was good for him.

I also don't know why is good for a baby to stick a wipe in his mouth that you have previously wiped his bum with.

I don't understand the benefits of going pee, and doing everything that ritual includes, while holding a baby. Not only do I not know why this is good, I don't know how this is possible.

Or why holding a baby upside down will help him be smart.

Yes, there is so much that I don't know about being a mom, but luckily I married a very smart man to teach me.

4 comments:

alex said...

My wife is a bum and a liar

Keary said...

Alex never learned those thins from me. I'll bet he learned them from you or your father.

Keary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Keary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.