On Sunday morning I got a call asking me to come to the Bishops office for an interview in 20 minutes. So I go into the bedroom to get dressed and tell Alex that I'm going to get a new calling, then I head off to the church. When I get there the third counselor (yes we have three rather than two) takes me into the bishops office and starts the regular chit chat. Then our conversation goes like this:
"We have prayed about it and feel that we should call you to be the FHEP assistant" he says.
"What is that?" I say.
"I don't know, let me look it up (looking through his book) I's not in here"
"Do you mean HFPE?"
"No, it says FHEP on this slip. Tell you what when you get home casually call the relief society president and ask her what your specific duties are, but don't tell her that I didn't know what the calling was... So do you except this calling?"
"Okay...I'm I going to be released from my current calling?"
"It says here that you don't have one."
"Well, for the past year I've been doing the library."
"Just a second." He goes out to talk to the bishop within my hearing.
"She says that she works in the library." He says to the bishop.
"Yeah, I want her to stay in there, can she do both?" The bishop says.
"I don't really know" He says. Then he comes back into the office.
"Tell you what, you can go home and if I call you in the next 20 minutes, then we'll set you apart in church today"
"Okay" is all that I say and then he opens the door and I'm on my way home again.
When I get home Alex says, "So, what's your new calling?"
"I really don't know, I guess that I don't have one."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
this is so great i love hearing your stories
Post a Comment