Saturday, March 17, 2007

Bulimia and vacation

Before I tell you about my vacation I want to tell you a story about what alex did that is freaking me out. I'm afraid that he is going to become bulimic because of me. Yesterday I was trowing up in the toilet and alex came to check on me. He was in the middle of lunch and had brought some snacks in with him. After watching me for a couple of minuets he went out got some more food and came back in; he would take a bit and then spit it in the toilet. At the time it upset me so much that I was crying but since then everyone that I have told has thought that it was funny and said that I was crazy for thinking that it would make him bulimic, so I hope that they are right!

We went on vacation and even though we missed our Daddy a TON, we were glad that we had the chance to go.

I brought my camera on the vacation so I could take pictures of everybody but every time that I needed it I couldn't find it :( It was really sad, but there is nothing that I can do about it now I guess except beg Ciria to send us more picture of her girls since we weren't able to get any. I went to Utah for two days and they coincide with Aunt Shawn's and Zoe's birthdays so that was really fun. My aunt had no idea that we were going to be there for her surprise party. I think that my favorite thing that happened while we were there was when Zoe came up and said (while doing a cute little pose with a hip sticking out to one side and her arms held just so), "Is my princess hat straight?" We miss you guys so much!


This is alex's cousin.

This is Michael and alex in matching shirts. Kelsey has moved out and is living in her own house (I'm so jealous) so Michael came to spend the night one night and they had so much fun. They sat down stairs and played with their trucks and cars for hours and when we finally pulled them apart to go to bed they were both sad. First thing in the morning they went to go and find each other so that they could play again.


These are the Purple People. This is alex's new Easter suit. When we were buying it we put it on in the store to make sure that it fit. Of course we were all telling him how cute he was and oooing and ahhing. When we took off the vest to put it up he grabbed it and tried to put it back on again. When he is trying to put clothes on he holds the piece of clothing in both hands and puts it on like a scarf and then scrunches his shoulders up to hold it in place. At the store he then looked up at us so that we could again tell him how cute he was.


In April I'm going to take alex to the city Easter egg hunt for 5 and under. So that he will have a chance to get some eggs I'm teaching him how to find eggs and put them in his basket. When we got to my mothers house they had an Easter egg gun that would shoot Easter eggs. On the coffee table they also had a little basket full of Easter decorations. alex dumped everything out of the little basket and then started to put the eggs in it all without being prompted. I guess that he gets the idea.


When we got back to New Mexico it was my sisters birthday who we also threw a surprise party for. The is alex climbing under the table to get to Chantel-how he picked her out from all the legs I have no idea.


This is Chantel and alex and two of her friends who probably won't like this unflattering picture of them.

Here is when we went to fly the box kite with grandma. Even though we spent most of our time with grandma and she completely spoiled him alex still only will say Grandpa so that we can understand it.

While we were there every time that alex was ready for bed or for a nap he would go out to the car so that we would go for a drive. We would go out to the main road and then come back and he would be asleep. I wish that I would have figured this out the first day, but it worked well for the rest of the trip. And luckily now that we are home he doesn't want to drive when he is tried he settles for his bed.

We love you all and hope that we will be able to see you soon.

3 comments:

alex said...

i missed you guys a ton and am glad to have you back. even if you are teaching my son things not to do with his food

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MY TIK FACE! and...i was a little concerned too when you said that alex was spitting his food in the toilet. Hey, i spelt the word "toilet" "torlet" until like last year. WHO in their right mind sticks an I in the word when CLEARLY it sounds like an R, i mean come on! and apparently i spelt spelt wrong too (is that not the word for it? spelled? is that better? guess so...no squiggly red line that time...oh look! i got squiggly right the first time. guess that means i am improving).

Dont let them steal your apple sauce!

love love!

Keary said...

I guess somethings are off limits. Watching mommy throw up for one. Oh well, like the rest, I doubt that it will be something he continues to do.
I'm so glad you all had a good time on your vacation, even if you didn't take a lot of pictures. Sometimes it is best to keep the gadget around your neck 24/7. Love Keary