Each paragraph is about something different so if you don't want to have to read a lot (Calixta) you can just pick the things you want to hear about.
Our Move
The longest that it has ever taken me to unpack in all our moves is 2 days; that includes hanging all of our cricked pictures, putting up all our decorations, and getting the furniture where I want it. That is not how this move is-and I mean to put is because we are still in the middle of it. We still have boxes and a lot of things that we'll "get to when we have a chance" (never a good think to have add up). Some things that are good about the apartment- it has the most amazing breeze that comes through our window, right over our bed, then through the kitchen and then finally out the living room window, it really helps to cool the house off because sometimes it gets hot. This is a video of alex finding his own means of cooling off.
Today
Today alex and I slept for FIVE hours in total naps. We have church here at noon so alex takes a nap around 10 on Sundays so that he will be happy and rested in church-this makes it easier for everyone. Then we came home and went to bed again; I was planning on waking him up from his second nap after he had slept for an hour or so but I feel asleep too and he actually was the one that came and got me up. So tonight he got to stay up latter than usually because by the time that we ate and took his bath it was already an hour past his bed time; because he was in such a good mood and I was in a good mood we stayed up and played and unpacked more. I wasn't allowed in on all the fun though. This movie is kind of long AND I'm having a phone conversation in the background AND you don't get to actually see alex's face but for 20 seconds out of the whole thing BUT if you have been feeling deprived of getting to see the day-to-day going-ons of my son then this move is for you (also note the wind that you can hear in the background-that is our breeze). There is a description of what is happening on that page.
Nursery
alex is finally able to go to nursery. We were worried because he went in our last ward for one week and wasn't able to make it all the way through. Then we were moving so he wasn't going to know any of the little kids in there but apparently that isn't an issue for him. The Nursery leaders say that he is wonderful and an absolute pleasure to have in the class. They were learning about being nice so he went around and tried to give everyone kisses-especially a very cute little girl with pigtails-luckily they were supervised and it didn't get out of hand, I'll have to keep an eye on them at playgroup.
Hard time for alex
He doesn't seem to be bothered by moving at all this time. By all of my accounts I would think that this is the worst week of his life but he is just happy as can be. We left him for the first time ever with people that weren't family and that seem to be thing that he disliked the most. The other things that he has to compare them too are: getting all of his things packed up so he can't play with them, having no cheese for his food (that one he might of actually hated the most), having to drink instant milk, falling almost 5 feet right onto his head from the moving truck, having a hot iron burn is foot. Also the poor thing was covered in bruises that I have no idea where they came from. Now he is back to normal-besides the burn- and I feel awful for him but he doesn't care. Here are a few of HIS most favorite moments from everything that has been going on.

This is baby powder and by the time that I got in there that little bottle was empty.
Softball Tournament
Yesterday was one of the best days that I have had in a really long time. Alex played in his softball tournament and little alex and I went to watch him. The first time that Alex got up to bat alex was so excited he could hardly hold it in. I was standing up holding him right next to the fence and he was bouncing so much I thought I was going to drop him. He was yelling and pointing and clapping and everyone in the bleachers thought it was so cute they were all laughing and clapping with him. Then Alex took him in the dugout with him and after that mom was just no fun. It was all that I could do to keep him from running on to the field or into the dugout with dad. I forgot to bring the camera but that turned out to be a good thing because it rained for the whole time so sorry about that. We can't wait until they do it again next year!
Hair
I have had a ton of people say how cute alex's hair looks and one lady when she found out that I cut it even asked if I was a beautician (that is the first time that I've ever been asked that let me tell you) so it's good to know that he doesn't look too ridiculous. Alex has even gone so far as to concede that it looks good and say that I should cut it that way next time too. On my hair though he has a different opinion. He is constantly telling me to fix it or do something with it... or he keeps his distance when we go out into public together j/k. He is the one that brought me here so as far as I see it this is what he is stuck with. It's even more humid here than it was in Dallas so my hair is even more frizzy. I really don't understand how people can have straight hair here, it seems impossible to me. I'm loading a picture that I just took to give you an idea.
Actually looking at the picture I think that it looks okay. I guess it's hard to convey all the little hairs that make it so frizzy. I have to go to bed, good night.
4 comments:
Unless you are like Diana, who says that if we haven't used it today j/k during the year then it gets thrown out, you will accumulate more and more boxes that you can't seem to find the time to unpack. I have an aunt and uncle who never threw anything away and as all their children left they kept putting more and more boxes in the unused bedrooms until they had three bedrooms so full you could not even get into any of them.
I loved the movies of alex entertaining himself. I think you should have made him fall off the truck again so you could have gotten a movie of it. j/k Sounds as if he loves his dad but don't worry he will love you more than anything before long, if not already.
I think the little one is SO SMART!!! to realize that he can cool himself off.
He's also very talented in playing in the dark with his cars, and getting powder allllllll over.
I think your hair looks long, and luxurious, and very curly. In other words, cute.
Take care and have fun. Was there wind in the background?
MOM
Thanks for the update! It's so fun to hear all your goings on! LOL. Love you guys.`
I feel the frizzy hair pain. But "girl you got some nice hair"! That's what the black girls used to say to me in HS back in NC where the humidity is also very high and bad for curly hair. I think you look cute though! Tell Alex he is supposed to tell you how gorgeous you are everyday...especially when you are pregnant!
Post a Comment