Friday, July 20, 2007

My Genius Sister...

My sister truly is a genius. She is attending UNM and is in the program to get her degree in Nuclear Engineering way faster than I thought possible (I, who probably won't get my degree in the next decade). She is always doing a TON of stuff I'm amazed she doesn't have a melt down.... I'm always impressed with her and could take up all the memory on this computer talking about how great she is but she would get mad at me; I'm probably already in the red as it is. Currently, she is in Washington working as an intern at a national lab. However, she took enough time off to come to Arizona with us for the family reunion and that is where my story takes place...

alex got sick at the reunion (still is actually) and one morning I enlisted my sisters help in administering the medicine; why would I do it myself when I have so many helpers around? So while I was holding alex and getting him dressed I asked my genius sister to measure out the proper amount of medicine. It was taking her a while so I looked over to see what was going on, she was holding the syringe up at eye level and then she squirted it all out and then pulled some more in and did it all over again, and then again. Finally I asked what she was doing, while holding it up again at eye level she answered distractedly, "I can't tell exactly where the meniscus is..." I MISS you Teda!!!!

Love you a ton!

3 comments:

Keary said...

She may get her degree sooner than you but you most likely will have the first grandchild. And as great as children are grandchildren are much more precious as you are not the one responsible for how they turn out, a big relief.
I guess one could look at it differently but I am happy with my thoughts.

homealonemom said...

I think that you, too, are a genius sister. I do think Teda measuring medicine was a hoot. Aren't you glad she learned with a nephew? Can you imagine if the first time for HER child she was alone, measuring medications?

I noticed that that was never an issue in medication for herself. Does anyone have a memory of holding a tsp or Tbsp to eye level to see if it was flat or heaping?

i love you

mom

Unknown said...

That's hilarious.