I don't know if it's the Olympics or the cooling weather, but we've been playing a lot more sports lately. And apparently I'm getting old. I have two jammed fingers from volleyball, a sore arm from throwing the football, a huge scarp on my arm from ping pong (don't ask), and my knee is killing me from playing basketball. I should play with little alex more instead of trying to keep up with my crazy husband.

This is our new toy, but we only really get to play when alex is taking a nap because the team he decides to be on has a slight disadvantage....
Right now, we each win about equal number of games (I could probably kick his butt if I could figure out how to return his amazing serve) so it's nice to finally have a "sport" where we're equal. If anyone wants to play, come on over!
We're also all about the extreme sports nowadays. Here is alex doing flips onto our bed. At some point in the night Alex got a table to stick the bar stool on so that alex could jump from higher...at least I know I'll always be needed if for nothing more than the voice of reason.
I'm glad that we had one responsible participant so that alex didn't break his neck, too bad it was the wrong Alex.
I thought this was going to be a better video of Rocio skateboarding on lightning, but she lost interest. It's still pretty cute.
This has nothing to do with sport but it was cute too. Alex took this video and it reminded me of Ciria's post of Naomi being eager to help clean up her blocks; then I starting thinking about when alex would help clean when he was younger. He was obsessed (and still is for the most part) with putting things up in lines.
Here's some pictures of him unloading the dishwasher. When Rocio gets access to the dishwasher (or any cupboards) she takes everything out, dirty or clean, as fast as she can and throws it in a big pile on the floor-before someone stops her. It's funny how some kids are so different and some are so similar.
7 comments:
I think Rocio likes the noise it makes when it hits the container. alex is an amazing somersalter.
I'm glad they're having fun.
MOM
For Easter, when you were four, Iwalani had already turned three, and Teandra was not yet one, we went down south of ABQ to that fishing place by Los Lunes. We had "hidden" Easter eggs, and you each had a basket to put them in. They were hard boiled eggs. You would throw them into your basket, and we could hear the crash. We'd say, "put them in softly", and you'd look at us, and chuck the next one in. Making a satisfying thud. This reminded of that day.
Love the videos!
breck would be so jealous of your new sport. he had been begging us for a ping-pong table. when we asked him where we should put it since our house is so small he suggested his room or getting rid of the dining room table!
ditto on the videos. so cute. Rocio is getting so big! tell alex...he's the man:)
love you guys.
Glad to see all is well. Looked for you at conference, but with so many people didn't see you. You may not have even had the same time slot. Call me if you want to get together. We miss you guys!!!
How fun!!! Bet Chio will catch up with alex in the sports department! I love table tennis!
This is a great blog. I would have commented but I lost my "network connection to the Mac and have spent hours trying to get it back with no luck. Wish I had an ethernet connection rather than a wi-fi.
I think your kids are the curest dolls in town, looks like they are having lots of fun also.
Love y'all
Post a Comment