We have had these Cheerios since we moved from Utah (I would buy new boxes when they were on sell here and they would be opened before we would go through all the old ones) so I decided that we would just through them away because the Texas air has not been kind to them and they are all shriveled and hard. I didn't want to use up trash space with them so I just set them by the garbage so that we would remember to take them out. alex decided that he wanted some so he was bringing me the box, but he was carrying the box upside down and they all fell out. This is a picture of him helping me pick them up and even though I think that it is good for him to help me I still had second thoughts about it when I was vacuuming up all the crumbs he ground into the carpet.
So, I told alex that after I took a shower we would put away the dishes and then I would take him on a ride in the wagon. When I got out of my shower I peeked into the living room and he was just playing so I took some more time to get dressed and do my hair and things like that. He finally started yelling for me so I came in to see what was up and he was in the wagon ready to go. I was in the process of telling him that before we could go he had to come and help me put the dishes away when I saw the dishes on the floor. I walked in the kitchen and I found that he had already done it for me. Here are the results, don't you all wish that you had a little helper like him?
The dishes are lined up around the corner of his table,
The dishwasher is completely empty except for one ladle which even I had trouble getting out because it was jammed in there so well.
And the bulk of his accomplishment landed in the only bottom cupboard that we have. You can't tell very well from the picture, but I think that every time that he tried to put something else on top of the pile some of the silverware (which I think that he put in first) fell out and he had to put it back in. I came to this conclusion because in between the plates and other things there are random pieces of silverware and nothing ended up on the floor-except of course for the things that didn't fit which ended up on the carpet in the living room. I had thought that if you kept the dishwasher closed that would be baby proofed enough but apparently I was wrong and now we have to go find a dishwasher-baby-proofer-thing because even though I love the help this was not the first chore that I was planning on assigning him.
5 comments:
hehehe! those stories are reeeeeeeally funny! all proof that my nephew is the COOLEST, EVER! man, i STILL cant believe how cool he is!
oh, and FYI...there were no pictures. so, maybe rupert is just sick, and that is sad, but i just thought i would let you know. I LOVE MY SISTER FACEY!
love love!
I have pictures throughout my words, I think that this is about the most adorable and considerate thing my grandson has ever done. Helping his mommy. How wonderful!!!!
I love how they are lined up along the wall, and around the corner. There is no telling how hard I laughed when I saw them, and then the cupboard. What a good boy.
mom
me too.,
I hope you immediately took the little helper on a wagon ride. Anyone who works that hard deserves a ride in the wagon with no waiting.
Kiki, that is so cute! I am so glad that he helps his mommy so much. My kids like to turn on the dishwasher, so maybe between the three of them, they could get the dishes done!
Post a Comment