Monday, February 23, 2009

Do You Know What That Means?

Sometimes I'm talking to alex and I realize that he has no idea what I mean. He just doesn't know some words (curb, third, inflate) so I frequently ask him to repeat or explain what I told him to make sure he understands. It makes life a lot more fun when you understand it from the view point of a three year old; but sometimes it can be a real bummer.

"It's time for you to go to bed I'm not going to read that book to you until tomorrow."

"Please, I need you to."

"No, not until tomorrow, do you know what that means?"

"Yes."

"What?"

"No."

When I think about it I guess that sometimes tomorrow does mean "no"...just like "maybe" or "I'll think about it" - I wonder when I became a mom?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as a mom it's so hard to always feel like you are saying "no." Tomorrow, maybe, and we will see just seem like sweeter softer things to say in a crazy busy life...but you are right they still mean the same thing! sigh.

ps. thanks for all the recent posts! we love you guys!

Mark and Teandra said...

*big hug* oh the teek, i sure love you, and I think you are a wonderful mom :o)

homealonemom said...

The funny thing is, he could have meant "NO" or he could have meant that he didn't know what it means.

That's the OTHER adventure of talking to kids, and making sure that you understand each other.

I love you.

YOU are a WONDERFUL mom!

:0)

mom

Keary said...

That's an awesome idea! I just always thought my kids knew what I said and meant. Never thoought f it this way.

Love yawl