When I read to my kids I will frequently change the characters to their names. There is usually an unspoken agreement that if Chio got the book hers is the name I put in, alex it's alex, etc. However on Christmas we were reading the books that my sister got for them. It was Chio's book and it was about a little princess surprisingly named Chio. As the book goes on we met Prince Robert and so since this is a book from alex's aunt he wanted
his name in it too. So I quickly flipped to the end to see if this would be an okay addition.
As I'm looking alex says, "Mom, you can't read the end of the book until you get there!" He's horrified.
I say, "It's okay I'll read the middle in just a second."
"I'm going to tell dad."
Still checking, I'm only half paying attention, "Tell dad what?"
"That you're cheating."
"It's not cheating, this is how i always read books."
"I know! Dad told me, and it's just wrong!"
So I guess I won't be converting alex over to my wicked ways :)
2 comments:
I am SO in agreement with alex.
Although Auntie Shawn, Chantel, and most likely Teandra would be in agreement with YOU! They also like to know how movies end.
I love you, and I love your son.(and the rest of the family, too.)
:-D Your kids are awesome! he he! *muah!* love ya
Post a Comment