Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Chio's Curiosity

I was debating if I was going to write this or not, but I think you'll think laugh at another glimpse at my attempts at parenting. So- the other night I was sitting at the kitchen table and I had a good view of our hallway. All of a sudden chio runs out of her room, into the bathroom, and then back into her room. Now it was bed time and there is a rule that as long as they go right back into their room they can get a drink or go to the bathroom they just can't say anything to anybody; so I didn't think anything about it. About thirty seconds later she ran out and did the same thing again. That time I started to get up to see what was going on. Chio saw me and turned around to say, "Mom, don't come in here." Now, luckily kids don't understand what those words do to a parent, because I'm pretty sure that the day my kids learn nonchalance is the day my house will be destroyed. So of course I get up to see what had happened.

I walk in her room and she is squatting on the ground with a piece of poop wrapped in toilet paper. At first I think What? Who? Eco? What's going on? Then Chio says, "I pooped on the floor."

I think I handled it pretty well. I say, "Why?" she says, "I didn't know what would happen." She seems pretty worried about what I'm going to do to her so I figure she understands it was wrong. I have her flush it away and get out the disinfectant so she can clean it up, tell her how sad I am and ask her not to do it again and then say good night.

It wasn't diarrhea and she didn't have any thing in her pants or in her panties, I think she really did just poop on her floor because she was curious. I'm glad I didn't laugh when it was happening but I sure did after she went to sleep.

2 comments:

Mark and Teandra said...

Oh the Teek! :o) This made me laugh so much, and now I didn't have to worry about it. I told Jaden about what a funny cousin he has :o) Love you

homealonemom said...

I AM SOOOOO glad that you shared this with us.

I love you guys.