Friday, September 23, 2011

Chio's bike riding

Okay, we've been looking at old blogs I wrote and the quality lately has been awful in comparison, which is saying something. That's why these last two post have been longer and explanatory, but frankly they seemed boring too- so sorry about that, hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon.

On Monday of this week chio asked if she could go out and ride alex's bike (what he doesn't know won't hurt him). It doesn't have training wheels but I figure she's just going to get on and use it like a scooter or something. No, she gets on and rides it to the end of the driveway. Then she wants me to teach her to ride it. That's not exactly on my list of approved things to do so I tell her all I can do is stand at the top of the hill and give her a little push- she readily agrees and so it begins. Tuesday she wants to do it again but she crashes (no blood, barely even a scratch). All I can do is sit next to her as she cries until finally she can walk into the house; I have no idea what the people driving by thought. So Wednesday afternoon Alex is finally home and I tell him he has to take chio out to teach her to ride her bike. I was so disappointed I didn't have my camera with me. You see, my husband is usually a pretty stoic guy- when the Cowboys aren't involved. But when he took her to this parking lot and started her off and she just took off, the look on his face was priceless. He looked so astonished. I went back to the house to get the camera but he was way more composed when I got back. Here's chio on her bike. She still has some trouble with steering, but we figure that since this is her first week she'll be okay:)

2 comments:

Ciria said...

That is pretty much AMAZING! She is got some guts!!

Anonymous said...

awesome!