All of a sudden I don't have a baby any more. Yesterday we went to the park and he went down a big slide all by himself, no help from us, the only thing that he has trouble with is when he gets to the bottom he wants to do it again so he tries to climb up the slide rather than going up the stairs. When we would put him on the younger kid play park, he would walk about fifty feet (twenty-five feet each way) around this big mountain wall thing to get to where the big kids were playing. When we kept taking him back to the little kid park so that he would stop getting run over by the big kids he climbed the mountain wall and succeeded in getting to the top after falling down it a couple times.
The other day when I was feeding him Raman noodles he kept trying to get down so I thought that he wasn't hungry and put him down. He went over and picked up a big person fork off the floor (yes my house is AMAZINGLY clean) and tried to climb back up into his high chair to finish eating with HIS new found fork; his small utensils just don't suffice.
His ornament on the tree has to be where he can get it, take it down and put it back on without any help from me. If he discovers I have moved it up to where he can't reach it he will get me, bring me over and give me a lecture until I get it down for him. This is okay with me because this way he only touches his ornament and leaves all the other glass ones alone. There was a little problem yesterday when the library had an ornament that looked like his and he kept trying to get it down- because every tree must have at least one ornament you can touch right?
He now likes to watch noggin now that aunt Calixta has taught him about it. And unless she taught him he figured out that if he pushes the "F5" bottom he can play it over again without my help from me.
The list goes on and on: he needs to wear his new shoes (which are too big and he can barely walk in), he needs his coat on, he wants his shirt off, he wants the whole apple not a piece, the door/window needs to be open/closed, he wants to be in his own chair, he want a nap now and he's not standing up from the middle of the floor to go to his bed, I need to vacuum the floor-with his help of course, he needs a wagon ride, the stuffed nativity needs to be on his table-and all in a row along the wall.
I had thought that when he started to demand all of these things he was going to turn in to a little brat and start to throw tantrums but he just calmly looks at me and starts to explain how thing are with a LOT of hand gestures for as long as it takes until his dense mom gets it. So I ask again where did my baby go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think he went the way of all babies, that is to say they all know exactly how they want it to be and don't even try to change their mind. Believe me I try to tell Alex how to do things and he just looks at me as if I were an idiot. (Which I am for trying to influence him anyway.)
I know exactly how you feel, just remember that soon, he too will be getting married and moving away. Enjoy him while you can.'
We love you
mom
It seems wierd, doesn't it? I think it's all part of the grand design to get us to have more babies. However, having two children who aren't babies becomes fairly complex. Miss Daisy decided that there are some foods that she only likes if grandpa, grandma, jt, or anyone else besides me feeds her. Enjoy every minute you have with your alex.
My 1st baby is about to turn 11! And I am only 32 years old. Time goes by so fast.
Post a Comment