Thursday, November 02, 2006

I Wanna Be Like Dad.

I have so many blogs that I wanted to write over the past month that when I think about them it becomes a daunting task. Because of this I avoid writing new blogs because I am skipping so much other stuff that I want to write about first. That is all in the past. I'm just going to write about what I am thinking about at the moment because I think that makes for better blogs anyways. So just know that we have been doing stuff, but when we do stuff we don't have time to write about it so you only get to here about the boring everyday stuff. Sorry.

alex likes to copy everything that his daddy does. I'm sure that this will come as a shock to some of you but occationally Alex likes to lie on his back and throw a ball in the air or bounce the ball off the wall. Little alex is pretty good at the bouncing the ball off the wall, but have you ever seen a one year old lie on his back and try to throw a ball horizontally? It is extreemly entertaining but unfrotunally resulted in several hits to the nogen; I think the funniest part to watching this unfolw was that alex had to be laying down right next to his dad in order to copy correctly so he would sit down next to him and then scoot him self as close as he could get before he started to throw the ball.

Alex had to work a 24 hour shift on Halloween and then go straight to his 12 hour shift on Wednessday, we missed him so much (and that is why he is not in the Halooween pictures), but alex missed him the most. When Alex got home little alex followed his dady around and tried to do everything that he did (he also would freak out if his daddy went out side or even left the room without him). Alex was cleaning out a grass burn on his leg; to do this he stuck his foot in the bathtub and poured peroxcide over it. While he was sticking his foot in the bathtub he nocked a cup that was sitting on the edge of the tub into the tub.....so alex pushed all of the shampoo on the edge into the tub. Then alex tried to lift his leg up and get it over the side and into the tub like his dad, the problem being that he is like 4 feet shorter than his dad and can't get his leg up that high but that didn't stop him from trying. So after trying to get his foot in for the entire time thtat his daddy was in there he followed his dad into the living room where his dad started working on an application...alex went to his table and sarted working on his own stuff. As you can see in the picture below, it was cute.


Then this is a movie that I thought that you would enjoy.


5 comments:

homealonemom said...

I thought it was so cute how he says Hi, and Yeah. He has such a beautiful smile. You liked to do what daddy did when you were little too. That's why you always wanted to put his shoes on and walk around in them, too.

Keary said...

I am curious why Alex had to work so many hours at one time. Sleep deprivation is a good way to become depressed.

alex is the best actor. I think he is the cutest baby boy with that winning smile and it is great fun to watch the 2 playing together. I guess it is good that Alex goes to wor before alex gets up.

Someday I am going t learn to write more positive comments. Kind of ;ike you snd Cathy.

Keary said...

Oh, I think this blog is as good as any that anyone else writes. Don't worry about what you miss, as what you write is always so fun to read and see.

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I like your blog. You do way better than me, that's for sure. I miss you so much, so it's fun to read about what you are doing. I thought you said alex didn't talk!! This was so cute.

Anonymous said...

I love hearing all the stories you write. Alex has always played with baseballs, tennis balls, footballs, etc. His favorite pass time when he was 5 was to throw the ball against the fireplace inside and outside of the house. Keary was also a very good ball player and of couses my dad was a minor league player in the 50's...I think it might be in the genes. I love seeing movies of alex...we miss you.