
Alex was working on "the biggest fire that Bonham has ever seen" last night so he didn't get to go to sleep until this morning after he got home. I took alex shopping to be sure that Alex would get at least a couple of hours of uninterrupted sleep. We came home around 11 so that alex could go down for his nap and my husband could still sleep. I gave alex a snack and a drink and then put him in his bed for his nap; he was a little fussier than usual but after about a minuet he stopped fussing and I assume that he laid down. I went in to lay next to Alex for MY nap andafter about five minuets alex starts saying "hey mom, hey mom, hey mom, hey mom" over and over. This has never happened before and so I stayed in bed trying to decide what to do; after about two minuets of continues "hey mom" without any different intonations or getting upset I finally got up to go and see what was going on - yes, I realize that is probably a long time to wait but I was tired. I go into his room and alex is all happy standing with his bear and his blanket ready to get out of bed. I say, "No, alex it's time to take a nap." He calmly looks at me and replies, "Boo-pa" and points at his diaper.
side note: We still aren't potty training because I have no idea when he is going pee and he doesn't mind having his diaper wet at all (and I find the whole potty training situation completely intimidating-especially because he has equipment that I can't demonstrate). When we moved here, and his new hide and go poo-poo spot moved to the back porch with a view instead of the kitchen, he found that he had a problem- he needed assistance to get to the designated area. He would take me to the door and say "boo-pa" and point to the door or his diaper and I would say no (thinking mostly of the neighbors and my hope to raise modest children) and take him to the potty and tell him that he could go there AND he could get a skittle if he did. Since that time I've only had to change wet diapers.
Back to the story: I say, "Oh" and take him to the bathroom. He had already gone a little in his diaper (that'll teach me to think about coming) but he still had some more to contribute for his skittle......I think that I need to change the name of my blog, no matter what I do I can't get away from it.
And because I haven't posted any pictures in awhile here are some that Alex took when we were just hanging out this weekend.
He's pretty good and swinging a bat and finally understands that if he uses two hands it really turns out best.
If you look close enough you can see one the five teeth that he is getting as you read this.
alex is trying to steal my pop sickle stick.
Could this beautiful boy ever do anything disgusting? Never. That's not really bread that he just spit out on to the carpet, that would never happen.
Alex learned how to take action shots. alex is using the ab wheel to drive around the living room.
2 comments:
Potty-training is intimidating. Summer was so hard and Breck was easy. Or should I say "I" didn't know what I was doing with Summer and I knew what better to do with Breck?? Good luck...hey mom.
I guess one best listen to him when he talks. I know that I never had to worry about potty training, Diana did it all, and so I don't think I am one to give any advice.
Post a Comment