.Then I gave up. I decided that I would just clean the apartment which is easier to interrupt with the periodic "hold me" *tear* moments and I can still supervise my house getting trashed so I don't have to worry about the inconvenience of just happening upon it.
The story of the oreos.
When alex is sick I let him pick out one snack at the store that he can have after he takes his medicine if he drinks all the medicine, doesn't complain, doesn't cry, and doesn't spit it out. After taking both sick kids to two different pharmacies and still having no medication (one of the prescriptions we needed was rare) I sent Alex to get the medicine while I stayed at the "new house" with the sleeping kids and cleaned. Alex heard me talking to alex about the snack he was going to pick out and decided that he would get alex the snack for him. Coincidently, Alex picked out Oreos, his favorite (Alex's) and brought home two bags. My son is purely a social Oreo eater; meaning that he will eat them when dad is if there is milk dipping involved (how can you beat being allowed to play with food?) but that is pretty much it. Chio and I can not eat them (even though I want to and would love to and Chio has basically said she would too), we have to refrain. Which leads me to wonder if the kids were even considered in this purchase that was supposedly for them, and if Alex knew what would happen to an unattended bag and that is why he had the foresight to keep one bag safely in his car? .....So alex did end up throughly enjoying his bag to the point of its being empty and because of this I ended up taking one car load of stuff over to the house because I had to get the vacuum after this - I just couldn't stand it - and I didn't want to waste a trip.
Great News.....the kids have now been on antibiotics long enough that they aren't contagious and we're not sick, Yea! AND we can get people to watch our kids without getting their kids sick.
Great News.....the kids have now been on antibiotics long enough that they aren't contagious and we're not sick, Yea! AND we can get people to watch our kids without getting their kids sick.

5 comments:
I'm not sure what to say... The most awesome thing is that there is no longer a reason NOT to call in the aid of the elders quorum to get moved in a couple hours. I mean that the kids being sick "IS" the reason you seem to be doing it all alone isn't it? Or are yoou a perfectionist and think nothing is OK unless YOU do it yourself?
Sorry about the OREOS I'll bet alex had a great time making a mess even you couldn't clean up in just a moment' I hope you will be able to get into just one home SOON.
Love ya all, Dad
alex and chio are always welcome here. i know it's a long drive, though but i wouldn't mind watching them while you got your moving done....trust me i've been there and it's not easy.
i had all my boxes nicely labeled and stacked in the corner and the day of our big move, the boys went around when no one was looking and took all the labels off. so we didn't know where anything was.
I am so sorry. Kids make moving so much more difficult. Steve bought an iron man toy (supposedly for Michael) but Mikey can't play with it unless daddy is home. Dad's are funny sometimes. Good luck with your kids...
We wish you luck in your move. I wish I could be there to take the kids.
I'm sorry life is sooo hard right now.
I love you, and I know that you'll get it all done. You have great friends in Texas, and they'll be blessed by helping.
Give the kids hugs, and kisses. I'm glad they are starting to feel better. It's at times like these that I always had to keep reading the scripture that "Man (woman, and kid) is that he might have joy."
I'm sorry I'm not there to help. I love you.
MOM
Post a Comment