Friday, July 25, 2008

Book Review

AND...sorry it took me so long to get the reunion post up, I've kind of been sacrificing my usual blogging time (read: sleep time) to book reading - which is even more addictive. oops. I'll sleep tonight now that's out of my system. So some quick suggestions for anyone who likes to read. Princess Academe and Austenland by Shannon Hale are both quick and wonderful. Austenland is great if your looking for a new way to get a Jane Austen fix, and Princess Academe, I can't remember the last time I read such a clean book. But then I picked up The Host, HOLY TALENTED. I think I'm just going to have to suck it up and read the stupid Vampire books because Stephenie Meyer is an amazing author. It was one of the most vivid, intense books I've read in along time and even though I felt like I was right there, the whole time, I never thought "if this author puts one more stinking adjective in this book I'm going to burn it" (a huge pet peeve of mine). I couldn't put it down. But be warned, it's going to be a long wait for the next one.

5 comments:

homealonemom said...

I think that she'd a great author too.

Glad you got a chance to read.

Love

MOM

Desta said...

Do It!!! Read Twilight. All 4 books will be out by the end of the week. And thanks for the suggestions. I've been doing a lot more reading than blogging or anything else lately too.

Ciria said...

I finished the goose girl by shannon hale before camp and I am excited to read enna burning. But first I have to put my life together again.

Anonymous said...

you will LOVE Twilight! she is an amazing storyteller! and the good news you won't have to wait forever to find out how it ends because the fourth and final book in the series comes out in a few days!

Happy summertime reading.

The A Team said...

i've been thinking the same thing. everyone keeps telling me i HAVE to read the twilight series so i guess i'l cave and read it.