Thursday, July 24, 2008

Family Reunion

Thanks so much to my guest blogger, Alex. You'll be hearing from him more and more often because he's trying to steal my readers....Please Read.....

All videos posted
and posts written on this blog
by Alex are his own opinions
and do not necessarily represent
the views and feelings of Kiora.

And now to the family reunion


Alex's sisters were so wonderful in the planning of this reunion. There's no way it could have been any better! We certainly didn't carry our weight in the planning or carrying out of it, so thanks for this amazing gift you gave us; we had so much fun and can't wait to see you again.

I loved being able to have our kids play with their cousins; alex still pretty much worships Breck (his five[?] year old cousin from CA) the most apparent affects of this attachment are the impressive additions to alex's dance arsenal. The best part is alex really likes to listen to classical music but all the moves he learned are for break dancing and rap (as if I really know) so the two combined are pretty entertaining.

Another highlight was canoeing at the lake - yep, even I went out on the canoe. It was wonderful to have all that time to visit with everyone or go and do your own thing, what a great idea.

And for those of you who might be looking for ideas for your own reunion, one of my favorite parts was the "Favorite Things Swap". Each family brought a basket of their favorite things and we swapped them white elephant style; what a great way to get a glimpse into the lives of your family you don't get to see all the time. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the CDs, Ciria (but your brother isn't too impressed with your contributions, hehehe, how did you even survive together?)

note: if you read this when it was more criptic, sorry, alex posted it when it was still a work in progress and I din't notice until I came back tonight to finish it.

6 comments:

homealonemom said...

I'm soooo glad you had fun. Can't wait to see the photos.

MOM

Keary said...

How does Alex plan to steal your readers? I read it only because he is my SON. Normally I really enjoy your blog!

You are right, Alex's sisters seem to have picked up their mothers ability to get things done. I was very impressed with the whole family reunion. I think it has been a long time since I enjoyed myself so much.

I agree with your mother, can't wait to see all the photos.
Love yall.

Anonymous said...

I loved this trip so much! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I am so glad you guys came!

Ciria said...

Glad you all like the stuff! I do realize that Alex would not like some of my music - but I was hoping that alex would enjoy the girls music. it is so fun.

Anonymous said...

i am so glad we could finally have a family reunion! it was so much fun. love you guys.

Ciria said...

I finally saw the monkey dance - hilarious.