Thursday, July 03, 2008

Pre- Fourth




I figured I'd empty my camera before tomorrow, so here you go. For some reason the Fourth of July always seems like our busiest holiday. I think that's mostly due to Lily's (Byron's eldest) Birthday being on the fifth, but for whatever reason we go to a ton of BBQ's, fire work shows and other community events and I love it! Maybe next year we can host our own (hint to husband). Above are pictures of the "Allen USA Celebration" where we got to watch the fire works, in a light rain, snuggling under blankets. Below are some pictures I took this afternoon with captions of the conversation that took place as they were being taken. I came in and wrote them down immediately so it's as close as I could get it to what was actually said.

"Alex, what are you drawing?"


"My shirt, and my shoes, and my nose, and my two eye, and my nose, and my ear, and my arm, and my foot, and my elbow, and my eyebrow in the garden..."


"...This is my foot, see? and I put in the garden..."


"This is my garden in my picture here over there with my foot."


This is the garden in question. He likes to stand in that empty space in the front (which used to contain cilantro) blatantly disregarding my strict no walking in the garden rule. I wouldn't have known he had done it- but he drew a picture of it and then pointed out his adorable foot prints.


In other news:
  • alex sprained his ankle when he attempted to jump off the couch and over his sister.
  • I need to be more sympathetic because I just think it's cute when he limps on it and then tells the whole story of why it's hurt again.
  • Chio loves hot dogs and always steals them from her brother and then tries to "run" away really fast-she usually gets about 6 inches before she's caught.
  • I bought paint for the living room.
  • The spellcheck is no longer working on our computer - (honey, please fix).
  • I'm going to bed.
Happy Fourth!

7 comments:

Keary said...

Well I guess tomorrow is the fourth. And happy fourth to ya-all.

Diana said...

You are awesome! Thank you for the pictures and the updates with the kids...love them!

homealonemom said...

I'm glad to see that alex loves to draw while sitting on his table.

When is the party? and do they get to wear hats?

We spent the 3rd, 4th, and 5th just above 10,200 ft elevation. I told Chantel we were high, and she didn't believe me, so we looked it up.

Our fireworks were the fire we built and watched. It crackled and spit out fire all over.

Thanks for the pictures, we love you!

MOM

Anonymous said...

what an awesome pool!! see you guys soon!

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

Looks like fun! We had a great fourth...mostly because we were camping. I hope that the rain wasn't too bad. I also like the play-by-play about the garden. Fun stuff. Is Chio walking???

The A Team said...

cute. i love when they tell on themselves. the flowers look awesome and good luck with painting, we're going to start sometime in the next couple weeks too....fun fun fun!

the_sanchez_fam said...

I'm shocked at how long its been since your last blog entry. Was the 4th not memorable this year:) I can't remember if I called you back or not, but Max's foot is healing, still looks awful, but doesn't bother him anymore. We need to get together again, I'll put shoes on Max this time:)