Friday, July 18, 2008

Post Fourth

You're right, Sarah, I've been slacking in the blog department due to illness and fun.

We had a wonderful fourth of July. In the morning we went to the ward pancake breakfast, then we went to our friends for a BBQ and finished up the day with a great fireworks show. The only damper on the day was a little boy at the BBQ stepped on a sparkler (yes, cautious parents that we are we were having the kids do sparklers bare footed) and got a killer burn.

The time in between then and now is pretty much a blur. alex and I had sore throats which were misdiagnosed as allergy runoff. When Rocio and Alex got the same symptoms, everyone went back to the doctors and found out each of us had a bad case of strep. After we were no longer contagious, we flew up to Washington for a family reunion on my husbands side. All of his siblings were able to attend and we had a FABULOUS time (I'll post more later).

I know this wasn't much of a catch up post, but this is all I can get in before we head to the doctors again. alex isn't feeling too hot and on top of everything I dropped him on his head this morning. We left Washington for the airport around 6pm yesterday and after a 3 hour lay over in Seattle and a four hour plane ride all went surprisingly well, we were walking out the airport doors at 7 this morning and the car seat alex was sleeping in fell out of the wheel chair we placed the car seat in and alex landed right on his head. It looked really bad because he had that huge lump on his head and a mouth full of blood. It turned out he had bit his tongue and despite the head injury I think he was more shocked by being woken up by slamming into the pavement then from actual injuries.

When I was going into the store to get some alcohol to clean the injury I was getting some pretty funny looks. I suppose that being covered in blood coupled with a night of no sleep looks pretty bad, but it was nice having every one get out of my way.

Unfortunately, I don't know if my reunion shirt is going to recover; I think I'll have to steal my husbands...

6 comments:

The A Team said...

sounds like you've been busy. when things settle down a bit we'd love to get together with you guys and have one last old playgroup playdate before ryan starts school.

Keary said...

Looks as if going home was OK until the end. Sorry for alex's injuries. I sure would like to see more of you all.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

:o( how sad! but...(this may be a little morbid) ...at least its great way to remember the post-family reunion events: blood stains! :o(

but teek, to wake up by "slamming into the pavement!" must be pretty STINKING AWEFUL!! SAD DAY!

(its moments like this that must verify to alex that waking up in the morning is never fun ) *MUAH!* lots of kisses!! (and extra for the wounded) *muah! muah! muah!*

homealonemom said...

I'm glad that you had such a great time! If you traded shirts with Alex, they'd just think it was a "work" issue. Although we know he wears "work" shirts.

I'm sorry the little boy got hurt. How is his ear infection? I hope it's passed.

Are the ribbons on Chio's headband some that you curled? They look great.

Hope all is well on the home front.

I love you

MOM

Anonymous said...

I hope alex is okay. I hope your shirt can recover!

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

sounds crazy busy. I am glad that you've had some fun on top of being sick. Hope that you feel better soon!