It's 10:30 here and Alex thought I should come in a blog a conversation I had with alex just.
First, I want to preface the story with how awesome my husband is. I have way more pratice taking the kids to church by myself than Alex but he is a hundred time better at it than I am. He took the kids to their classes, was in and out of the nursery with Chio, tried to make sure alex was behaving, collected them after the meetings, and then sat with them while I had to go to another meeting after church. After this we came home, ate and all of us laid down and fell asleep because as usual after church we are all tired. At 7:10 I woke up looked at the time and freaked out because I was ten minuets late for a fireside. So I threw the house into total chaos (Chio was the one who actually woke us up or I may have slept right through it, and then she was upset because I just ran out the door) and rushed to the fireside.
Anyway, the point of this is that at bedtime alex was wound up and not tired at all. So at 10:30 he was still awake and this was our conversation:
(I'm in red, he's in blue)
alex, if you say one more word I'm going to pick you up and put you in your bed, and you have to go to sleep.
okay
(I give him a look that says, I hope, "what did I just say?")
oo
(waits 2 seconds)
that wasn't a word
Then he resignedly let me take him to his bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
That's really funny. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who has funny conversations.
Sharp Kid!!!!
I love it he is so funny!
do any of you guys have a facebook
~Zac your favorite nephew
I can't wait to hear the teenage conversations! What fun, pushing the enevelope.
(I've always wondered what that expression meant, exactly)
MOM
Does alex ever say something unintentionally ? I think this should have been overlooked after an explanation.
Funny story though, he is quite the intellect.
Love yawl
P.S. I am not giving advice, just opinions.
Love yawl
kids are the best!
Post a Comment