Saturday, February 27, 2010

First Soccer Game

alex had his first soccer game today. alex came out while I was typing this and wanted to dictate so here you have it from the star: "I do what my coach says. And thank you for letting me be in the game, and to go to the game. And I can't wait for my next game. I love my friends."
Chio took some action shots - these two (above and below) of the game
and a ton more of just the grass - those didn't make the blog cut though.
The whole time alex was off the field he was anxious to be back in playing. In fact, at one break Alex had to go on and talk him off the field to take a rest other wise he would have stayed on his spot and waited for kick off.
This is him getting on his new uniform.


This is a video of his team scoring a goal. alex is the kid that falls over right at the beginning and then gets back up so you can follow him.
I'll try to take better videos next week (because I know my parents at least are going to find this post sorely lacking) but really it's mostly just a group of little boys running around the field, or some times alex gets singled out when the ref tells him he can't guard the goal - he knows how they could keep the other team from scoring, he just doesn't get why he coach doesn't see it. Whenever he gets in trouble he tries to explain to his coach why it's a good idea for him to stand in the goal, it's pretty funny because the coach just says I know, but it's not allowed.

3 comments:

homealonemom said...

YEAH! alex. Good job on the soccer game. Did you know that your mommy used to play soccer when she was your age? Her team uniforms were orange and white. I'll try to find photos for you.

I love you

Grandma

Ciria said...

So fun! By the looks in those pictures he is the happiest boy around.

Keary said...

Good job alex. don't get frustrated your ideas are great and always will be. Sometimes the coaches have to make poor choices. Oh well. Keep playing and having fun.

Love Yawl