Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Kaboom town...

Let me preface this by saying that we are in a drought and it doesn't rain here...the relevance of this will become apparent later on.

We went to go and see fireworks and celebrate the Fourth of July yesterday instead of today because that is when our city does them. The first thing that happened was I got hit by a car in our complex (meaning Alex slammed the hatch back down on my head). I have a huge bump on my head now that is very tender the good thing being that I have an excuse not to do my hair(which I don't do anyway).

We parked about 20 minutes walking distance from the park (which is what we were hoping for) and alex got to take a nap while we walked to the park. Going on walks is one of our favorite things to do together so we had fun.

We met some people from our ward and we all played games together because we came three hours early to get a good spot. During this time we listened to army bands play. Then we got to see some WWII planes do fly overs. alex thought that these were about the coolest things ever and he kept wiping his head around so that he would be able to see them all even after they stopped coming.

Mr. Independance, this is a candid shot that Alex got of one of our friends. Superman comes to mind.


This is the first time that alex has eaten gold fish, and the kids next to us shot some confetti into the air and alex got ahold of it. He thought that it was pretty cool and so did we 'til today when I found out that he put some in our shoes and dyed them all purple.

alex at his first concert. After this we didn't take anymore pictures because we were afraid that the rain would hurt our camera.

Next our very Japanese Mayor got up to introduce some pearl harbor survivors...ironic isn't it? Then the Romantics got up and started to perform; Alex had a good time catching people on film who were not the best dancers. The Romantics performance was cut short because it started to rain (I should say pour) and the people in charge got up to say that they were going to start the fire works early, at 9 instead of 9:30.

We are discovering that there are many good things about living in a rich city...one of them being the fire works. We only got to through two songs before the people in charge got up to say that they couldn't continue because everything was too wet and it was still the best fire work show that I can remember going to. alex really likes fire works he just sits perfectly still and watches and gets mad if we block his view or if someone walks in front of him. by 9:30 we were on our way home walking in all of the traffic with the baby sleeping in his stroller and there was not a rain drop in sight.

And just because I have them here are some pictures of alex and kaile playing together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh tikkle-muffiney-facey! that was a lovely blog! I'm pretty sure that (especially in times of drowt) the rain gods amuse themselves by reaking havoc through bestowing rain at the most in opportune moments: ie during your firework show or when i change into borrowed clothes to go swimming at a friends house. it seems the moment we are most likely to enjoy the bone-dry-hood-ness of the places we live-- the dews of heaven decend until the moment we decided to end our fun! love love!

Anonymous said...

Hey you need to change my web site address so that it goes to the new web site.

Too bad about the fireworks. I feel sorry for Baby A he sounds like he was enjoying himself.

Anonymous said...

oops I'm not anonymous I'm your old man.

One day left, can you guess what?

Kiki said...

anonymous, you are the only person who has the honor of having two links on my blog. Check again. your new link is there

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I found out that daisy likes fireworks too. she looks like she is having a seizure...but she is just excited

Kristy said...

The 4th is my absolute all time favorite holiday of the year! gLAD YOU HAD A GOOD TIME