Today we had an adventure. I have let my house get pretty bad while I was on vacation and then while we had company because I wanted to spend time with them rather then cleaning, and the last couple of days alex and I have just been hanging out because we were tired. Today, however, we have been cleaning and doing other chores that we have neglected including gluing together an old bed- which is where the story lies (I wish that I would have taken pictures, but I didn't think of that until after I had already cleaned up). On days like today alex gets into more trouble because I can't keep a close eye on him and get everything done- and he is a
very helpful baby. After we finished cleaning the bathroom we started to fix the bed. So, I am gluing four three-foot boards with three pegs on the end of each board on to a board with corresponding holes (basically, it looks like I am making a big "E" with an extra leg). This is hard because the legs keep falling over and I have to keep them all sticking up straight so they'll glue in right. When alex comes over and starts hammering and and trying to stand up on this contraption that doesn't offer any support I say "alex, can you just sit right there until I finish this?" To my utter amazement he sits right down, puts his hands in his lap and watches me for the five minutes it takes me to finish. Then I stand up and he falls over; I think that he is trying to crawl with his hands in his mouth again but when I look closer I see that his hand is on his diaper. When I pick him up I discover that his hand is glued to the crotch of his diaper and me holding him under the arms and his free weight hanging isn't enough to unglue it, it's just hurting him. They aren't lying when they say "sets fast & bonds strong" I take that diaper off and put a new one on. This is alexs favorite part; he loves it when he can hold on to things without having to use his fingers so he is waving the diaper around and wiggling his fingers and laughing like this is the funniest game we have ever played. I finally got the diaper off with the sink and lots of warm water....and now I have to go and clean the bathroom again.
We had a wonderful vacation but are glad to be home. The only thing that we wish we could have changed was not being able to see our cousins- sorry we didn't get a hold of you sooner Ciria. We are glad that you were able to get home safe after your adventure, on our next trip I promise that we will be in Utah for more than one day.
These are some pictures of my sisters Birthday we had while we were on vacation. alex got his own piece of twenty dollar cake.

Here is the birthday girl cheering him on. She is now 19 and absolutely perfect. We had so much fun being around you and we were so glad that you took the time out of your busy schedule to visit with us. I think that alex misses giving you kisses before bed!

I think that these before and after picture are so cute.


Even though I look completely ridiculous in this picture I thought that alex and his toothy grin were too good to pass up.
6 comments:
I love the picture of you holding baby a with chocolate cake on his face. All the baby a photos are great.
Funny story Kiki! Alex is still sooo adorable. Glad you got home safe and had fun with your family.
I love hearing those stories...It makes me happy that your child misbehaves while you are cleaning too. Also, I love the chocolate cake face! He is so cute! I am going to have to come visit you, because two days isn't enough! Especially when there's a wedding.
I have not laughed that hard in a long time! Thanks for the story!
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!! your son is just about the coolest thing on the face of the planet. I bet he must have been preeeeeeeeeety confused when he couldnt gets his hand off his diaper...its much cooler when you can wave the thing around vs. having to fall on your face when you try to crawl/stand/function. I SURE MISS THOSE BABY KISSES! I realized once ya'll were gone just how cool they were, and I wish I would have enjoyed them more while ya'll were here. There is always next time! And I will have to come and visit (and maybe watch your little boy glue himself to something else...)
LOVE LOVE!
where's another story?
Post a Comment