A. Tagged. My amazing friend Ami requested I post seven of my quirks on my blog so:
- I'm scared of the dark. Not that quirky...when Alex turns that light off I actually get freaked out he has somehow disappeared until my eyes adjust (to the night light I keep in the bathroom-for alex of course) and I can see him again. I need to work on knowing things my eye can't see.
- I think you're not supposed to touch the water heater or furnace or you'll die.
- When I read, I laugh out loud without noticing it.
- I think the scariest creature in the world is a mosquito.
- When I go to the zoo I'm always afraid the tigers are going to get out and eat me.
- When I look over the side of really high bridges I always want to jump off (but ultimately I don't want to die so I don't).
- I love to have the bed made while I'm laying in it.
B. Favorite Scriptures:
As you can tell from my quirks, most of the time I'm pretty scared about ridiculous things so a scripture I frequently quote to myself is the last part of D&C 38:30 "... if ye are prepared ye shall not fear."
But, I think my favorite scripture is probably Alma 5:14 "And now behold, I ask of you, my brethren of the church, have ye spiritually been born of God? Have ye received his image in your countenances? Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?"
I love how he addresses these questions to church members, and it always gives me pause to think of His image in my countenance.
Along these lines, when do all of you find time for personal scripture study. I frequently count the time I spend in the scriptures preparing for my Sunday class as my "personal time" but I really need to get a better habit so I'm wondering what works for you.
C. IF YOU HAD TO EAT THE SAME MEAL OVER AND OVER AGAIN FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD IT BE? Probably Spaghetti or Lasagna. In fact, when alex is going to be gone for an extended period of time I make a whole bunch of spaghetti and eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner for however many days. To go along with that, in the spirit of Memory Mondays, everyday in High School I would bring two pieces of bread with peanut butter in the middle for lunch and I never got sick of it; and to this day I still like those sandwiches.
7 comments:
That is such a great idea!! Covering many subjects in one blog!!! Peanut butter, Hmmmm! everyday?
thanks for participating! loved reading and getting know you. Scripture study - do picture scriptures count?
Do you know that you started a tradition of making your own lunches?
I tried to make you lunches with ham and cheese sandwiches, etc. But you never wanted them, nor did you want your sandwich made the night before.
By the time Teandra and Chantel were in school, I didn't hardly ask them if they wanted me to make a lunch for them.
Weird, huh?
You wanted to make your lunch when you went to kindergarten, and you didn't even Have lunch there.
MOM
Spaghetti is yuck yuck yuck! You really would eat that all day every day? I am not sure how I feel about hta!
When I was young I went to the hos[ital and had my stomach pumped after eating Spaghetti. It was a long time before I would even eat Spaghetti again . Now I figure there have been worse things in my life, one would be peanut butter sandwiches.
So do you want to bungee jump off of a bridge? That way you wouldn't die. Of course if I tried it I'm pretty sure that I would die, because just looking over the edge of the bridge scares me.
I like the fact that I have my scriptures on my PDA so I get my scripture reading in while waiting for the bus in the morning, and while riding from one stop to another. Before I fall asleep for my bus nap.
I really love my PDA, but it is not true that I love it more than Karen (although I hope that I never have to really make that decision.)
Personally I have not had a mosquito bite since I had the kidney transplant in 1990, flies don't bother me either. I do not suggest a transplant though.
Post a Comment