
About 3 weeks ago I discovered that I really didn't want alex to learn how to crawl until after we moved to Texas (for purely selfish reasons of course) so I stopped working with him everyday as I had been previously and I went to just occasionally putting him on his stomach and flipping him over as soon as he started to yell....I'm not really trying for any mother of the year awards. This situation worked best all around because I need more than 2 minutes to pack a box and alex likes to sit best anyways; he can keep himself happy as long as he can hear me no matter where I am in the house... because of this my neighbors are regularly treated to off tune songs with words off the top of my head (when on his stomach I have to be right there with him).
So I had been packing all morning and alex finally decided that he had enough and that it was his turn to play with mommy...so I grabbed Limo and sat down to play with him when the phone rang and I had to go and find it. Stupidly instead of giving him Limo I put it on the box next to him which turned out to be an unacceptable action because when I came back with the phone he had gotten up to the box. I have no idea how this happened as there are no handles or anything on the box to grab on to and he has not previously demonstrated this talent before. In fact when I tried to get him to stand up again he just sat down. So my plan to not have him to mobile when we move seems to have back fired and I am no longer sure what to expect.

4 comments:
Congratulations!!! You have a cruiser! Before you know he will be running with that football.
That picture of him is the cutest ever. Yeah, kids are stubborn from birth!
He is so cute! Maybe he'll do that again tomorrow so I can see!
Alex is the youngest baby to walk that I have ever known. Are you moving to Texas so that he will start playing football before the age of three?
I always love the pictures.
Post a Comment