Saturday, April 22, 2006

Texas...

It's getting closer and closer. That is why I haven't been writing an blogs because I have been packing and this is one of the last ones if not the last before Texas; last night Calixta was nice enough to come over and watch alex for us so that we could get a lot done so now I have a chance to write a little while I put alex to sleep. We're starting to feel it, and it hurts. It's hard to move on from what you know to what you don't and we are getting a little anxious. It might be different if we had a job or family there but we don't and we still think that it is for the best. We didn't think that alex would notice that much when we moved because when we went to New Mexico he didn't seem to really mind... but when we got back he was so happy to be home I almost cried. People are coming to look at the apartment, and we are packing and cleaning and he doesn't get it. Kids are resilient and he won't feel it as much as we do but we still feel bad for him.... I thought that this picture was great as far as moving on and so I wanted to put it up. We love you and hope to see you soon.

4 comments:

Keary said...

alex looks very happy to get out of the little apartment. I hope you all are as happy where you are going,
I know the terrible anxieties in going on to new places in life.
Just remember that you will never be without a family as long as you stay close to the church. Do all you can to make friends in each new location and you will find so many people to be your friend as you get to be an old fart that you won't believe it.

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I certainly will miss you, but I am so excited for you to get on with your life. Good luck, and you better come and visit or else!!!

homealonemom said...

It's always sad to seperate from the known, whether
you leave, or they do. But it's never wrong to open your heart, and make new friends. Closing your heart would seem to keep you from being hurt, but it doesn't really.

As to family in Dallas/FT Worth.

My mothers brother, Bruce Nelson, and my cousins Connie, and Dennis, all live there. I'll try and find their phone numbers and addresses, so that you'll h ave some "family" a little closer than a few thousand miles. '
We love you, and pray for your success.

Kristy said...

Dan & I have been married for 13 years and we have moved 12 times! Believe me it never gets easier and the kids hate it every time but you do end up throwing out a lot of junk just so you don't have to move it!