Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No Time....

I looked back over my blog and I noticed that they are getting shorter and shorter. It is so easy to just take pictures or a movie and just let them speak for themselves, but this also has you miss out on the stories that can only be told with words, so this blog is about different stories that have happened to us recently and I will try to put as many on before I am called to do something else...namely play with the boy.

And with that here is another picture.

The cake...


On fathers day we had "20 dollar cake". alex was making the cake and dinner with me so that Alex could play his video games uninterrupted to enjoy the day. So even though Alex was here while this happened and I was telling him all of this as it happened, he probably won't get the whole of the situation until he reads this. This cake is incredibly oozy. It has a cup and a half of filling in between two layers and then about an inch thick of frosting (suprizingly it is a pretty light cake and you could sit and eat the whole thing with out feeling sick from sweetness- that is one reason we like it so much). Anyway I put all of it together and then it hits me that I have to go pee. alex is strapped down in his high chair and sitting in the kitchen with me making dinner so I leave him there and then go pee. When I come back the top layer, frosting and all, has slid off the bottom layer and is sitting on the counter now within reaching distance of alex. needless to say little alex was the first one to get a taste. I didn't take a picture until the finished product because I was trying to salvage what I could of the filling and cake. It was still delicious despite our adventure. And on a side note, whenever we make desserts we are reminded of another reason why we miss Utah... Adam is the best person in the world to make desserts for because he really enjoys them-I LOVE to make desserts and for the most part Alex and I eat them just because they are there.

Poop and Pee...

alex has learned how to turn on and off the TV. One day the television was off and by chance he was playing with the remote for the VCR and pushed play when a Poop and Pee video was in there. Then he went to playing with the remote for the radio (which is hooked up tp the TV) and turned that all the way up. Then he went over to the television and turn it on at the same moment he had his hand pushing on the up volume button. It's the only time that I have ever seen him so upset he couldn't move. When I got over there to rescue him and turn everything off he just started to cry. Now whenever Poop and Pee is on he goes over and turns it off-but can you blame him?

Poop and Pee are planning a reunion and they are going to make a documentary out of it...just one more thing I have to love about Texas.

Picking up on old men...

When I was coming from the Humphreys' I had an interesting experience. When I pulled onto Mc Dermott (sorry if that is misspelled), a road that is having all kinds of work done on it, I pulled behind a guy who had his gas cap hanging and the little door open. After the construction ended I pulled up next to him (he was 40-50 years old) and waved to get his attention then I looked forward because that road is particularly curvy and I wanted to make sure I didn't hit anything. When I looked back he was holding up his left hand and pointing to his wedding ring; this made me laugh which I assume he took for a smile and he shrugged his shoulders and grinned saying "Oh well". So I started to shake my head and point to his gas cap. Then he held is hand up in acknowledgement, dipped his head in what I assume was embarrassment, and started to put on his brakes and pull over.

I wish that my self-esteem was good enough that when someone waved at me I would automatically come to the conclusion that he was hitting on me (just kidding).

And with that I am being called to come and play blocks. So these are all the stories that I can tell for now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Did Baby A like the frosting?

2 What in the world is "Poop or Pee"?

Kiki said...

For those of you fourtunate enough to not know what Poop and Pee is, it is Alexs high school band. And yes, alex liked the frosting, maybe I'll have someone to bake for after all.

alex said...

I can't wait to tour

Kristy said...

Kiki, I love you more and more everytime I read your blogs! You put up with some crazy happenings at your casa...namely my brother! And your still a happy person. I really like to hear your stories and read your blog! I know about Alex's band but I was fortunate to never have to hear the music. Enjoy the reunion... and give baby Alex a kiss for me.

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

very funny...i like to hear your stories!

Keary said...

I do not think alex could have enjoyed the frosting more from what Alex said to me when he called to say Happy Fathers day.

In my opinion poop and pee needs to be in the toilet and stay there, or be flushed.

You are luck the guy didn't followed you home. To thank you and to see more of this pretty young lady.

Love you.

Keary said...

One more thing. I also love your stories and think you could very easily write boks that would be widely read.

homealonemom said...

At least the married old man remembered he was married. That's a good thing!

homealonemom said...

I'm sorry about the reunion, maybe it will be fun, too bad baby a is already predisposed to not like the music that night.