Friday, July 07, 2006

Hard times....

For the next week or two my blogs are going to be devoted to letting Alex know what the boy and I are doing. They most likely will be incredibly mundane and rather frequent so I apologize to everybody who is bothered by that.

However, first I will tell you a story that Alex knows first hand but I want to tell everyone else about. Whenever we are going somewhere I want for us to leave early because with me something inevitably happens and we end up late. Alex is starting to see that there is some truth in what I say. Yesterday we left for the airport at 5 even though my flight left at 8:30. I wanted to get there a little bit early so that I could feed the baby before we boarded but I got there only 10 minutes early and there was someone in the family bathroom and no where to sit in the lounge area so the baby had to eat on the plane. I was in the very back and by myself though so it turned out okay and alex slept for the whole flight.

Anyway, when we got to the airport I didn't know which terminal we needed for American Airlines so we went to "A" of the choices A-F. We got all of the luggage out just incase this was the right one went down to check and were told that we needed to get back in our car head south a couple of miles and go to "C". We go back to our car and can't get anything to happen, it just won't turn over. So while Alex is fiddling with the car I go over and ask if there is any way for me to check in here and then get to terminal "C" through the airport. He says that I can I just have to ride the sky-whatever. I go back to the car get the stuff again check in, get my ticket, say good bye, and go though security. I get on the sky thing and something happens to where we can't get on to the right stop so I have to ride pass it and then get on a shuttle that is going the other way to backtrack so that I can get to the right terminal. Luckily, back in Dallas, Alex got home okay bought a new battery and we didn't have to buy a new car yet.



I'm sorry sweetie, I haven't figured out the movies yet so right now I'll just put on pictures. This is a picture of the baby looking at my dad. You know how every time that you come home I get the boy all excited to see you by doing the "who is it? It's DADDY!!"? Well today alex woke up right as my dad was getting home and I did that, substituting Grandpa for daddy. My dad walked in and said "hi boy" alex looked at him for about 20 seconds and then started to scream and cry. He had huge tears coming down and now whenever my dad walks into a room the baby stops what he is doing gets all stiff and just stares...sometimes at him and sometimes just into space. His look is a deer in the headlights and my dad is the big ol' semi. I think that the baby misses you just as much as I do. He has a mean mommy that takes picture in his time of need and smiles. My dad says that we are lucky that alex isn't his child or he would make him hysterical like he did for Iwalani, but the truth is that he is afraid that if he does that I'll leave. You can look at his blog for his version of the story.

We are going to come home on the Monday after the reception I don't think that I can wait any longer than that.

2 comments:

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I wish that you could stay longer...but I am glad that you get to come at all.

alex said...

i can't wait to see you again. tell your dad that he better stop messing with my son. I love you two and I miss you tons