Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Jokester

Some mothers astound me in their ability to interpret what their children are saying even when it's indistinct babble to everyone else. I'm not one of these mothers. Most of the time I have no idea what alex is trying to say and the times when I do he is usually using signs to get his point across. Most of the time it's frustrating for him and me, but sometimes it's just funny. alex is starting to tell jokes and even if I don't understand what he is saying he still laughs at his own jokes, I laugh at him laughing at himself and everything works out in the end. Sometimes I'm fortunate enough to understand what the jokes are about; yesterday was one such occasion. alex pointed to his underwear and with a worried look said, "uh-oh poo poo." He hasn't pooped in his pants in almost a year so I'm flabbergasted and say, "alex did you go poop in your pants?" Then he smiles, turns around and points to his bum where sure enough there is a picture of Winnie the Pooh. Then I start to laugh and he falls down laughing. Even if you don't need people to laugh at your jokes, it's always reassuring when they do.

7 comments:

Curley Girl said...

That is so cute. He must get his humor from his Mom, but it could be his Dad too... I mean, you both have poop somewhere in the title of your blogs. But he is pretty clever. I can't wait to see you guys again. I miss you all a lot.

Love,
Nani-facey

homealonemom said...

I'm glad that alex has such a great sense of humor. It will help him well throughout his life.

What a great thing we have in "character" underwear. How else could this have happened?


I love you

mom

Curley Girl said...

Kind of reminds me of Lynette and her "Dora" diapers. The Dora the Explorer underwear she got from Nan for Christmas. She called them her Dora diapers and carried them all over at Teda's reception.

Anonymous said...

that is a classic! you can't help but giggle!

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

man, its a good thing I was reading this before my linear algebra class starts so there a LOT of people around to witness me cracking up at how COOL AND AWESOME YOUR SON IS!!! oh my gosh, that was a sophisticated joke, I must say :o) good gravy your kids are great!!

*MUAH!!*

Keary said...

What a fun kid!
Lovr Dad

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I love that Alex has a sense of humor, and that you can understand some of his jokes. Michael thinks Steve is super funny, but he can't quite repeat the jokes. I wish I could see you more often!