Friday, May 05, 2006

Texas...we are here.

So much has been going on since I last blogged, but the most important things are: we are safe, the baby is crawling, and he is also growing more hair!! (although strangers still say "He's so cute, I think that bald babies are the cutest" they just don't know how it used to be).


Here are the hair and crawling pictures.

I'm not going to say anything about Texas yet for fear that I will regret it in the future...let's just leave it at our air conditioner doesn't work, I have no phone until next week, I don't know anyone here, and members in our ward get up and yell at each other right in the middle of Sunday school...oh that christian love.

So here are some pictures of the last two weeks.

First of all packing is hard work and sometimes you need to just take a break and rest. alex had that part down.

Here is Claixta helping pack. alex wouldn't shut up so she shoved that little puppet into his mouth, just kidding she would never do that, alex just put it in there and started to suck on it. Thank you to everyone who helped us move you have no idea home much we appreciate it, I don't think that we could have done it without you.
And now our trip....


This is pretty much what it was ROAD WORK! The entire way. Here are pictures of only some of the work because at the beginning I didn't know that it would be significant and by the end I had just given up and stopped taking pictures.


At first the road work wasn't that bad and we were in a good mood. But then....






We got really tired of it and fell asleep. Luckily Alex didn't and he could take pictures.



I wish that I was a baby so that I would still look cute when I sleep, but obviously I'm not.



alex knows how to drink from a sippy cup for which we are thankful for.



Then we sang..."If your happy and you know it pick your nose" alex is going to be a great hit in primary.


alex learned how to do this from his cousins Zoe and Kari. Now he always sticks out his tongue and licks his lips.


And finally it was over and we are here now. We are going to put pictures of our house on the house site so keep an eye out for them.

3 comments:

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I am so glad that you made it safely there! Even after all of the construction. Make sure you give me a call when you get a phone! Just remember the good ole days in your last apartment when you didn't have ac. Love you lots!

Anonymous said...

What cute pictures. By the way I can't get Zoƫ to stop picking her nose. So maybe we will just give that song a try! She won't stop but at least I may not be as annoyed by it.

Kristy said...

Glad the trip went relatively well!