Thursday, February 07, 2008

My New Year's Resolution

Initially I had intended to post 365 times this year. Not necessarily everyday, because that would certainly cause me to be a neglectful mother, but by the end of the year I would average one per day. I decided that I should try it out to see if I thought it was actually an achievable goal before I set it in writing (probably not how resolutions are supposed to work). Now that we are in February and about 10% of the year is gone, I'm pretty sure that goal was too imprudent. Not only will there be days where ever second will be devoted to my kids, there will also be weeks like the one we are having now: when all bedding will have to be washed daily (along with most of our clothes), no matter how many towels I use; when the carpet will need to be scrubbed hourly (marking the path to the bathroom), no matter how many puke buckets I put out and explain; when both children will want to be the exclusive occupant of my lap, no matter that I just want to be held myself; when my kids are bathed several times a day and me none at all; and when housework isn't even an after thought because that is where sleeping fits in.... So here is the actual goal "post three times a week". Now to those of you who are reading this and thinking "Why is she posting so much? All she talks about are her kids it's boring enough already." Here's why, this blog is mostly to keep my family updated on us so that we don't fell so far away and I especially wanted to write more this year because my sister is freezing her bum of in Indiana and this way she can have a little break every once in a while. So here are some pictures of my kids from not this week (no one wants to see that).
Grandma, we hope that your pre-op went well!
and teda, we hope that your new comforter is is nice and warm.
These pictures are a reminder that the day will soon be here when we can go outside with sun glasses and shorts instead of sweats.


7 comments:

Brittany said...

Sorry about the sick kids! That isn't any fun. Hopefully you all feel better!

Kristy said...

you poor, poor mom! I am soooo sorry. i hope they get well soon. I love seeingmy neice and nephew because otherwise I would never know what they look like and how adorable they are.

Anonymous said...

you go outside in sweats? Lucky!

-Nate

Diana said...

We love your blogs....Hope the kids are getting better! Take care!

Keary said...

I think you have a very good idea for resolutions.
Make sure you can do it, then state what you can do!
My resolution will be stated on 31 Dec.
At least I will comment on all posts I can. I love your posts and especially the pics.
Love Dad

Anonymous said...

your blog is the best to read! thanks for the new year's resolution...because we are the ones who benefit the most!

get well soon.

Anonymous said...

your blog is the best to read! thanks for the new year's resolution...because we are the ones who benefit the most!

get well soon.