Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Count your many blessings...

That post sounded a lot more bitter and depressing than I had intended. So I would like to make my blog more well rounded by telling you about last Sunday. During sacrament meeting I was thinking about how wonderful and beautiful my kids are (I'm so vain) when I was overcome with how much I love them, Heavenly Father loves them and how much He loves me-pretty much all at the same time; it was so overwhelming I was having trouble breathing. It's been a long time since I've had such a strong emotional and physical reaction to the Spirit; I was really greatful for it - and I was also greatful I was able to stay in my seat instead of jumping up and shouting for joy-which is exactly what I wanted to do! So I thought you all would be interested in a list of my blessings in no particular order:
  1. My life-I'm so happy to be here!
  2. The Gospel
  3. My children
  4. I'm married to the most wonderful man I ever met and we're sealed for eternity! He loves me just the way I am but still makes me want to be better
  5. My Hair -truly- after fighting it my entire life I'm finally starting to enjoy it and not getting embarrassed every time someone mentions it
  6. This blog - I love that I can "talk" to you all every day even though we are so far apart. I see it as something that's not never ending (such as laundry, dishes, dust, etc.) and I enjoy doing it
  7. My Phone
  8. My apartment
  9. My Parents and family - I'm so greatful for the way I was raised
  10. My friends- I have amazing friends that teach me so much and I love to be around
And now I can't get it out of my head so I might as well end with it..."Count your many blessing, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the lord has done." Don't forget to count your own blessings!

Note: as I was going back through correcting my spelling (a task which sadly takes as long as writing the actual post) I learned that "greatful" isn't actually a word so please ignore my stupidity, replace it with whatever it should be, and hope that my grammar will improve in the future - I left this in because I hear "greatful" used all the time, so if you didn't know before now you do.

4 comments:

homealonemom said...

Grateful is how I think you wanted to spell it. BUT i think that GREATFULL is more indicative of how you were feeling! You were full of the great blessings that the Lord gave you.

I love you, you are truly one of the best blessings in my life. Hope you feel better.

MOM

Anonymous said...

thanks for your testimony!! it's a great reminder...

Keary said...

I read all of your posts but didn't feel that I could comment propertly. I think your mother is a great person with GREAT advice and you should be GREATFUL for her.
Loved your bouncy testimony.
Love Keary

Anonymous said...

yeah, I found out that greatful isn't a word too, and i just decided to leave it since spell check has the HARDEST time with that one, but the correct way is grateful. yeah, i know, its like grate in the road, not great like "they're grrrrrrrrrrreat!"... go figure.

oh. mom already told you that. well, I figure she is telling you from wisdom, but I am telling you from experience gained from being stupid, so i hope mine offers you comfort. the Microsoft people should put the correction grateful under greatful since that IS (obviously) the LOGICAL way to spell the word :o)

*MUAH!!*