Apparently I'm not doing as well as I thought I was in the housekeeping department. I'm mediocre at most things, lacking at some and my confidence is waning on the things that I thought I excelled at. I vacuum daily (and would actually do it more but Alex convinced me that I wear out vacuums too fast and it's not really necessary) so the floor gets cleaned at least once a day. The only other chore that I thought I was good at was keeping the kids bathroom clean- not so. I clean the bathtub out before each of Chio's baths, and now that alex is insisting that he can go to the bathroom by himself I clean the inside and the outside of the toilet and wipe down all the floors everyday (sometimes three or four times a day though-aim is still an issue). The sink and mirror look pretty bad with water stains from little hands washing (read: playing) in the sink, but I don't worry about that on more than a weekly basis because I figure that there is also an inordinate amount of antibacterial soap involved. Despite all this I still had a five year old little boy refuse to use my bathroom because it smelled too bad. I was sooooooooo embarrassed! Five year olds are gruesomely honest; and if there is one thing I have learned from being married it's that a smell has to be pretty bad for a guy to comment on it. We do keep our main trash in that bathroom so I guess that I can hope that is where the smell was coming from and not my insufficient cleaning skills, doesn't hurt to be optimistic, right? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to smell anything out of the ordinary; that my friends is where the problem lay- we've grown so accustomed to it that we don't even notice. So my new plan is to no longer have people over and save myself from further embarrassment. If this is where my top cleaning skills have gotten me I don't even want to think about my laundry skills bing critiqued. So this is my new most embarrassing moment that I'm never going to admit to again!
I hope that you are all warm, I'm really feeling sorry for all you Utahans because it's supposed to snow here again today (even though we hit 65 yesterday) and I'm already sick of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Guess what? We have been having snow on and off, too,
I'm cold enough, that it makes me sleepy.
I love you
MOM
TIK!!! oh my gosh, people came over to our house yesterday, and our spare bathroom...is BEYOND a disaster zone. AND the stinky trashcan is in the bathroom.(and we don't even have kids--whats our excuse!?!) it was so bad, in fact, to render it unusable, and they had to use our bathroom...and our bedroom (which they had to pass through) had clothes on the bed and floor, toothpaste on the mirror, assorted lotions on the counter... i felt like a slob all around!! ...somehow i felt like a wretched wife :o( BUT! i will say that I try to keep the bathroom counter REALLY clean since it bothers mark, and it is much better than it always was growing up-LOTS-i still have a long way to go so that I am not embarrassed. If we didn't have all this yucky poopy homework to do there would be more time to clean! ...why do i get the feeling life is ALWAYS going to be a conflict of interest? :o) YOU'RE MY HERO!! *MUAH!*
That's too funny. I have been really dropping the cleaning ball lately (why clean now when I have to move all my stuff and do a deep clean?)and James has started to take notice, which means it's pretty bad. Today is actually beautiful here today - nearly 50 degrees and sunny. I'm going to drag Zoe to BYU because I need to hit the bookstore.
ok so I thought that when your children are little, they do embarraring things, but no the older they get the worst it gets... So I told my sister about it and she said I should start him on manner school!!!
If it is any consulation I really didn't smell anything when I was in there.
I think you should read this site:
http://autismbitestheblog.blogspot.com/
Not that I agree with everything but it might help. What I found was that with one child the house was much cleaneer than with two and this was cleaner than with three so I started to insist that our six year old start doing chores. Then each child would need to do chores when they turned six, except the boys since I am a male chauvinist.
I hope that you can pick up your spirits! I realize that the hardest job in the world is motherhood. It is also the best job and most rewarding/despairing. It all depends upon your ability to keep your chin up.
Love Dad
I think that you are a great homemaker! You clean your house often, and you let your children play.
That makes it a loved home.
The most important thing to keep clean in a home, is the spirit.
I love you lots.
MOM
I agree with your Mom...wise lady!
Post a Comment