Monday, September 29, 2008

Chio's Bad Day

Rocio had a really bad day yesterday.

Sacrament Meeting:
The morning went well, we got to church 5 minuets early; exactly the way I prefer, we can get settled without already being restless when the meeting starts. Then I found out I had to go on to the stand for a little bit, I didn't even have to do anything but I still hate being in front of people for any reason. I was even extra anxious because Alex wasn't there to help with the kids, so I had to find someone to help me-another thing I don't like to have to do. Rocio is extremely sensitive to my moods so she started to get upset. While I was trying to calm Chio down alex became jealous and started doing exactly what Chio was doing to get my attention too-meaning screaming high pitched in a fake cry. From there it only escalated as they each tried to out yell the other (this was during the sacrament). I know that people say everybody's children misbehave during church, but I only ever notice my own. Perhaps I'm so caught up in my own embarrassment each week I don't look out my own little bubble to see anyone else, but it only seems like only my kids are screaming. Anyway....Sacrament didn't go well and we spent the majority of the time with alex sitting in time out and me trying to get Rocio to calm down.

Second Hour:
After I walked in to Sunday School and she started yelling again, I just went out in the hall to get her to relax. She was still upset and I started thinking maybe she was getting a tooth or not felling well- or maybe feeling my dread of the 3rd hour when I was supposed to be teaching with her acting like this...

Third Hour:
Someone offered to take her during the 3rd hour for me and I couldn't resist the kindness. However, it didn't go so well and during opening exercise I could hear Chio crying from where ever she was in the church. I had someone take my class and went to find her. She doesn't nurse during Church anymore so after my shirt and blouse were splattered with yogurt at breakfast, I changed in to a knee length onepiece dress with a high neck for church. So, while I was capable of nursing my screaming baby...it was difficult to find a place to do it. After I finally found a place- she bite me, hard (first time drawing blood hard-this is now the third time she has ever bite me). So I just walked around holding her while she got all her crying out (and gave her some Tylenol-just in case) it wasn't the I had milk withering in pain type screaming, just the helpless my life is so hard crying.

Home:
After getting though church, the drive home and lunch crying she finally fell asleep (I got the yoga ball back out and bounced her). After she woke up she was wonderful. While they were both asleep, the Cowboy game came on so I decided to watch it (even though I would watch it later with Alex). When Chio woke up happy, I kept the game on and we played blocks on the living room floor. Sometime the 4th quarter Chio wandered off-not unusual-and I kept watching the game because it was getting scary (they ended up losing, the only good news being that the Giants are now the only ones in our division undefeated). Then Chio got into the dishwasher (I'm not sure how) and found a grater, which she got her finger stuck in. I know, I'm a terrible mother to let this happen while I was watching football. So then I had to decide if I should take her to the hospital or not. It look like it just took of a layer of skin, it wasn't very deep and I didn't think that stitches would help at all. During this assessment, her finger was giving off a lot of blood. First I dripped it all over by the kitchen sink while I was trying to wash all the blood away (all this time she is yelling). Then I try to catch the blood with my hand as we go to the bathroom (it doesn't work and I drip it all over). By the time we get to the bathroom, alex has come to investigate. As I frantically try to get a band aid on her finger he starts screaming bloodly murder about how he wants a band aid for his week old scrape on his keen that hasn't bothered him until this point. I had to set Chio down to get the band aid (six seconds tops) when I grabbed her hand again she was covered in blood- she had been rubbing her hand all over her self. I took all her clothes off and dripped blood back to the kitchen sink to wash her off again. When the band aids were on, the blood would stop but she kept ripping the band aids off and opening the wound back up and soon we ran out of band aids-and I had to start using gaze and tape.

Sorry if this didn't make since.

She was happy when I held her for the whole night, so maybe the whole day wasn't bad -poor Chio! Her birthday party is coming next- that is a much happier story.

7 comments:

AimeeTheSuperMom said...

Isn't it nice how the Lord always gives us days like those to help us appreciate the other days? Honestly, I could do with a few less reminders. Sounds like you could do with a few less reminders, too.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure my kids are 100 times worse than your kids during sacrament.

homealonemom said...

POOOOR Chio.

Did you have to go get stitches? or did it finally stop bleeding?

I'm sorry you had such a hard day.

MOM

Mark and Teandra said...

oh NO!!!! :-( Poor poor chio! poor poor the teek!! :o( that sounds like such a VERY bad day :o( Im sorry the teek, I love you very, very much, lots of kisses for chios finger, and I hope that chios finger is ok :o( What a scary thing!

The A Team said...

that's no fun. my kids are crazy during church too...we sit in the very back and near an exit and my kids still manage to disturb those around us.

Keary said...

Don't know but you say that Chio picks up on your moods, maybe yo should make up your mind not too get upset at anything. Oh, and take her withyou when you go to the stand.

Diana said...

My heart goes out to you and Chio! What a day!

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

Sorry, Kiki and Chio! I can relate to the selective hearing in church. I am sure it isn't as bad as you think!