Saturday, December 06, 2008

Field Trip and Birthdays

First off: Happy Birthday Mom. Sorry my kids aren't very good at singing, WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU.

A couple days ago a lady I occasionally play volleyball with called and asked if I wanted to take my son on a field trip with her and some women she does a little school with. All of the kids were four so I was a little anxious about taking my excitable three year old on a tour of Panera Bread (spelling?). I was also worried that I only knew this one women; but Alex said I should go and when one of my friends called and asked if I could babysit he went so far as to tell her no (without telling me so I wouldn't have an excuse) to make sure I would go. I ended up knowing all but one lady in the group (I didn't realize I had made so many friends in Sherman) and I had a great time. alex was definately was the youngest in the group but still convinced the other kids to play "fire" in the freezer (blowing smoke) and racecar in the hallway. That was the most exciting thing that happened to us today.

5 comments:

Ciria said...

It is so hard to get out and do things sometimes. But it is usually worth it.

Anonymous said...

You play volleyball? I hope you guys had fun. I can't wait to do activities like that. Where was Chio?

Keary said...

I wonder if I will ever get caught up on all the blogs this month let alone write one.

Sounds as if alex is a real leader of kids in the area. I also wonder where Chio went

You will always find that you are not nearly as onely as you think.

Love Y'all

homealonemom said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes, I added the voicemail to my itunes collection of Chio and Alex.

I'm glad you had lots of fun. I love to "play fire" by blowing smoke, also!

Love

MOM

Diana said...

Some of those friendships you make at this stage of life are some you may keep forever! Way to go alex!!
Love ya'll!