Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Up to Christmas

Where have I been? ...I am in Vancouver. I was stuck in a meeting, which I couldn't get out of it, and there was no phone.The electricity went out in the building and we were trapped on the 18th floor and the telephone system blew too. Amazingly enough.

lol. I guess since tomorrow is Christmas I should do a pre-Christmas December post since I've been doing so dreadful this month.



This is our front tree Alex decorated.

alex stealing princess before Chio finds out.

Chio is getting so big. In her had is the doll she got for her friends birthday that she keeps unwrapping and stealing (we got her friend a different one now). It makes me wonder if she likes it so much because she isn't supposed to be playing with it.

Ouch. I really didn't want to go to the ward party this year because I wasn't feeling too good; but Alex was already at the church so I went anyway. We let alex run around with the other kids while every one was visiting and that is when alex tripped and hit his head on a chair... We went home early.

The funny part (if any part can be funny) is I took this picture after he had calmed down. I said "Do you want me to take a picture of it?"
He very composedly said,"Yes."
So I got out the camera and said, "Ready?"
"Yes," he said, and then he started screaming his head off.
As soon as the flash went off he was completely normal again and asked, "Can I see it?"
So I showed him and he wanted to take another picture and we did the whole thing again, and again right when the flash went off he was fine again. I guess he wanted you to get the feeling of the evening. Did it come across?

Pre bump.

Chio's Smiles:
When I was growing up every time my parents would ask me to smile I would make a face similar to this; my parents would never say the customary "smile" and would in detail warn photographers that they should think of something else to say. How can this possibly be hereditary? I think that my parents taught Rocio this as pay back.






alex wouldn't let me post this without putting this picture on too.

8 comments:

homealonemom said...

I think her smile is BEAUTIFUL!
I didn't know that could be hereditary either. I do have some pictures you could put side by side.

I love you

Thanks for the blog.

MOM

homealonemom said...

His poor little head, I would be screaming my head off too. Now you have a perfect photo of why not to run in the church!

Take care and have fun.

MOM

Ciria said...

That is one huge goose egg! I did not know they came in that size. I love the smiles!

Anonymous said...

Wait Washington? I am confused. The kids are cute!

Diana said...

What a Goose Egg! Think I would scream too! Great smile, most special when you see the twinkle in her eyes! Love ya'll!

Keary said...

Which Vancouver?

alex is quite an actor If you hadn't shown the goose egg I would have thought he was acting in church also.

Rocio has a beautiful smile. She probably won't even look at the doll after Christmas.

Love yawl

The A Team said...

she's getting so big and i love her smile. so alex was posing a tantrum for the camera. that's awesome! it looks authentic.

i always say it (and always mean it) but we really need to get together one of these days. maybe meet somewhere in the middle or something. your kids are getting too big and it's been too long. :)

Angie said...

I love Chio's smile! How fun that you were able to get pictures of it! I have been trying to get similar pictures, but they never work :)