My mother is still here (this is her last day and I'm so sad) and we decided that we wanted to go and see the Harry Potter movie which both of had not yet seen. This is NOT a movie that I want my 2 year old to see, so we came up with a plan. We were going to take alex to three different parks over the course of three hours, then we were going to come home, eat dinner, take a bath and get in the car and drive around until he fell asleep and then we were going to go to the movie and have him sleep through it.
Here is the Reality
We are just putting Chio into her car seat and she poops-a lot. So I take her to change her... during the process she pees... that fountain gets the new diaper wet but not her clothes...I get the new diaper and she pees again this time her clothes get wet along with the new diaper. (I am normally a pretty fast diaper changer but Chio has a yeast infection so it takes a while to get the medicine on because of this she frequently pees during diaper changing.) By this time she is starving (or so she thinks) so I feed her again without her clothes on, only a diaper. During this feeding she poops again. First I burp her and she pukes all over my clothes. Then I change her diaper and get her in new clothes.... and she is hungry again so I feed her, during which she poops yet again. At this time alex walks over and hits her hard in the head, the first of most likely many times, so then he has to get punished and we change Chio one more time and finally we get in the car to go.
We get to the first park and it is hot (not from the temp., somewhere in the 80's, but from the humidity). We think, "hey, this will wear him out more and we have water to stay hydrated" so we stay; the little boys that were there helped us make our decision because alex is desperate for playmates. So we get all sweaty and a great breeze comes in which mixes wonderfully with the sweat (disgusting but true) and we feel great. Then the breeze gets stronger and the clouds start to come in and it gets dark. It starts to pour huge heavy drops and we run to the car. The sky is already starting to lighten up so we head to the next park where we have to take a potty break (alex really likes this potty for some reason so when ever we come here he has to go regardless if he has to or not). My mother takes him to the potty because she has to go as well and by the time they get back the rain has started again so we just go home. We clean up a little and play and when we finally have dinner alex is almost falling out of his chair because he is so tired; apparently the excitement of not playing can be just as tiring as playing.
I still missed the end of the movie because in the middle of the movie alex woke up and needed to go potty so I took him and he said, "daddy, where's daddy? daddy?" so instead of putting him back to sleep (maybe) I took him home to see his dad who he hadn't seen all day (I didn't want him to see the end of the movie anyway). He saw his dad long enough to ask for some milk and then went to bed again. All in all we had a really nice day. Especially how it ended - the Cowboy game- did anyone watch it? I think that it was the best game I've ever seen (except for I feel really bad for the Bills) I wasn't able to go to sleep for I think an hour after it ended because my adrenalin was so high.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't being a parent the greatest? You get the best of the childrens excrements as well as you get to play referee in the greatest game of all.
Post a Comment