Wednesday, March 12, 2008

alex nield is falling down

In the past week alex has fallen down so many times that I now feel like it is blog worthy. I'm not sure what is going on but the poor kid just can't seem to stay on his feet; I won't be posting all of the instances, but here are the most notable:

  1. The date with dirt.
    • When we were leaving the library it was raining outside so I think that this fall can be attributed to that. He slipped on the walkway, which are paved with crusher fines, and landed right on his face (didn't even put his hands out because he was holding a book and an acorn); when his head came up his face was covered (you could barely see skin) in mud and little rocks. We went back in to get as much as we could off in the bathroom, but he still had a ton of little pieces stuck up his nose-which I assume have come out overtime because they no longer seem to be there.
  2. Scared to the ground.
    • This one is definitely dad's fault. On Sunday alex, Chio and I were hiding under a sheet in the living room when we called for dad to come find us. He opened the front door and then closed it again so I assumed that he went outside to do something. I told alex that we should get up and hid in his closet so that dad couldn't find us - he thought that was a great idea; so we got up and started running for the closet. As we were rounding the corner for alex'z room Alex jumped out from the entry way and yelled "Boo". Poor alex was so scared he hit the floor almost immediately and his momentum carried him so not only did he slam into the floor hard he also collided with the wall. I can't blame him though I was so scared myself I almost fell over with the baby in my arms. This one we laughed A LOT after. Alex thought I was crazy for falling for it.
  3. Just can't get enough.
    • I don't think he can blame this one on anyone but himself. This morning when I was taking the trash out he was walking beside and he just tripped over (I assume) his own feet. He slid enough to get this nice looking strawberry on his forehead and his hands aren't in that great of shape either so I guess he didn't land straight on his face even though that's what it looks like.

Whenever stuff like this happens, and keeps happening, I always think of my parents and the time they had SS called on them when Iwalani was little and kept getting black eyes. That used to be one of my favorite stories and I used to laugh so hard when I would hear my dad talk about how oblivious he was when they came to check out the house. Now that I'm a parent and we have these accident prone weeks I (in my mind) get a little scared to leave my house -we aren't actually housebound by these happenings so don't worry.

It's amazing how your perspective changes, huh?

5 comments:

Keary said...

Does alex have large feet? I know that Alex has boats of about the size of a truck bed! JK about the truck bed, not the large feet.
Love Dad

Keary said...

I feel very badly for alex, what do you feed him?
Love Dad

Kiki said...

Yeah, alex does have big feet and he eats mostly anything but right now his favorite is oatmeal-he just hat a growth spurt (up) so that's why he looks so skinny.

homealonemom said...

Hi sweetie, I'm sorry the little one is tripping. He doesn't have ear issues, does he? When I have inner ear trouble, I have the same problem.

I love you

MOM

Anonymous said...

breck does the same thing...still. vallen says it's to prepare him for all that football! go giants!