Saturday, March 08, 2008

Getting Dressed

Much to my husbands dismay, alex loves to help me dress Chio up. We pick out her clothes, socks and accessories daily and he helps with the entire process. His favorite part is putting the hair ribbon on her though. Personally I think that it's fine for him to help because I let him help with everything else that I do; we're just glad that he has stopped insisting that we put hair ribbons on him- he must get that desire from you Grandpa Max, no more corrupting our son! alex put this ribbon on all by himself. I can't help but wonder if (because he is an older brother) he purposefully put it so close the her mouth that she felt compelled to eat it but could never actually get it in her mouth.

I think that she kind of looks like a bearded babe.

Sympathy Request: Yesterday I was going out for just a short time and I wasn't going to have to sit except for on the drive over so I decided that I would wear my skinny (pre-pregnancy) jeans. I've been trying to get them on since the week after I had Chio (at which time I could barely get the waist over my knees) so they have stretched accordingly over the last five months as I've been shoving myself into them on a weekly basis. Yesterday I could finally get them buttoned-kind of-and I wore them out. When we got home Chio was asleep so we put her on the porch in her car seat and, at alex's request, played in the melting snow. I realized (too late) as I was splashing through muddy puddles that I was going to have to wash my skinny jean! Oh no! Now they are going to shrink- I hope that it doesn't take me another five months to stretch them out again. lol.

4 comments:

Keary said...

Tell Alex that I said he doesn't need to worry. alex will be fine if we can keep him away from Max. lol
Love Dad

Obsessed and Lovin' It said...

I like that alex helps Chio get dressed. Michael usually just kisses Shirley so much that it makes it impossible to get her dressed. I also like your previous 5 posts. (Sorry it's been a while...) Don't worry about the dirty diaper. Michael has been on a streak...6 weeks since he has actually went #2 in the toilet. I don't know what to do. If you figure something out, let me know. Love ya

Diana said...

I think Chio is a very patient baby. Kinda like Calixta was with her brothers!!! Sorry about the jeans...I can empathize!

homealonemom said...

Look how cute Chio is, I was wondering what was on her chin.
alex thinks she is a Barbie Chio,
just like you had a Barbie Chantel.

How fun! You never were very interested in dressing dolls, just cutting off their hair. But now you can dress your kids all you want.

I love you

MOM